Sonic Boom

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

Been trying all day to get a decent shot of a sonic boom, heres my best so far.

Answers 25 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Very cool!!!!!!!

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

wow I didn't knowthat that aircraft could do that if fsx hopefully installes as it is doing now and works then I shall try that at area 51

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

went for extreme cheese with it and took them over Miramar MCAS

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

some better shots

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Well, I didnt know you could actually see that in a flight simulator. Very nice shots! I should be able to do that with my F-22 Raptor then, I hope hahaha

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Coool Drool

Pro Member Trainee
ThunderRide Trainee

Got mine to do it too, thought it was pretty cool when I figured out what that noise was...

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

Cool shot,

it's a shame that the aircraft can't actually break the sound barrier in FSX, I know you get the effect of seeing the boom but the engine noise stays with the plane at all times

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Do you have to install anything to see the shockwave when you break the sound barrier in FSX or is it an effect already in the game? And where could I get a nice F-14 Tomcat? One of my fav fighters probably because of Top Gun hahaha, but was a great plane in service and did great things...happy retirement F-14!

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

i got this one from www.simviation.com they have an upgrade for it so you can have 'Maverick' and 'Goose' an thier F-14

As far as i know it's an effect that comes with the aircraft, but i'm sure that with a little bit of editing you can get all aircraft to do it

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

I actually downloaded those planes but it made my game crash and shut down my computer...so dont really know what's up with that. I have plenty of room on my hard drive and a damn good machine to run the game...it's the only add-on plane that's done that to me, and it's pretty unfortunate because I was pumped to fly with Mav and Goose.

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

The 'Mav & Goose' did that to me but i removed it as well as the original F-14's then re-installed them and so far so good

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

i guess i'll try them again...dont really know why it did that...kind of a piss off but oh well. Thanks guys

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

[quote="dl295"]some better shots

[quote]

Where are you flying online?

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

Thats Edwards AFB, really good for photos

Pro Member Trainee
N9614H Trainee

wicked, pretty sure you can get sounds to simulate breaking the sound barrier

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

it does have the 'crack' as it breaks the sound barrier what i was saying is that, when it's travelling faster than sound it the noise from the engines doesn't trail behind it as it does in reality ( obviously when lookinf from Tower or Flyby Views)

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Tight shots!

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I like the shots and the way you captured the sonic boom. Livery is cool to.

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

Question: Has anyone else got the boom sound working, and if so, are you having any problems with it in certain view modes? I had to add the sound onto an existing effect for FSX, and it makes an odd repetitive noise when flying away in tower view. Just curious -

futureflyer16 Guest

the best tomcat for fsx around is the Iris Simulations f14...highly realistioc..and by the way in a real aircraft breaking the barrier you dont hear it inside!

what are those silly things on the bottom ?
i have never seen them on real planes.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

What gauge is it for the sonic boom?

amadio2003 Guest

where you get that sonic boom?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

amadio2003 wrote:

where you get that sonic boom?

Here, try this...I never did.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/382/fs2004-cool-effects-pack/

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...