Duel Core or Pentium D?

Pro Member Trainee
Mavix Trainee

Which is better for playing FSX on windows XP: Core2 Duo 1.8Ghz or Pentium D 3Ghz? The computer will have 1 gig of RAM. And which is better: ATi or nVidia? I'm thinking of getting either a GeForce 7300GT or 7600GS. Which will be better?
Thanks

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

"Duel" core??
Why would anyone want two CPUs that fight each other? I think that would only slow the computer down and generate extra heat.

Think "Dual" core instead.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The pitfalls of the English language.

Let's all use Latin ... or French Idea

single core is dead. Long live multicore.

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

I got P duol core 3.6 ghz, runs like f-16 in a takeoff 😉

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Core2 Duo 1.8Ghz
or
Pentium D 3Ghz

About equal in performance, look to Tom's hardware CPU comparisons. The Pentium D would have the edge if you are running other programs in background while playing FSX.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I have to strongly dissagree... Ive used both processors... the 1.86ghz E6300 at stock speeds blew away my overclocked Pentium D 920. Get the E6300... and if you can wait until the 22nd of April, they will come down in price... you may be able to get a faster processor for the same as the E6300 now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Multicore is the future, ignore it now suffer later.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...