P. Taylor's Blog?

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

Please read the following Quote....

“The latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator* X, Service Pack One (SP1), due out later this month, is a great match for the extreme multi-core processing delivered by the new Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core processor”

Is it safe to say this is why a microsoft Rep suggested changing the Affinity to one core for now?
When we get this service pack update, should I make sure both processors are chaecked on?

I have a 2 Duo core Intel.. at 1.6ghz each

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

This service pack is promising a lot - lets hope it lives up to it

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

What about my question?

who do you want to listen to? a nobody here, or a nobody at MS?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

who do you want to listen to? a nobody here, or a nobody at MS?

To anybody but you.

Michaelvg1 wrote:

Please read the following Quote....

“The latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator* X, Service Pack One (SP1), due out later this month, is a great match for the extreme multi-core processing delivered by the new Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core processor”

Is it safe to say this is why a microsoft Rep suggested changing the Affinity to one core for now?
When we get this service pack update, should I make sure both processors are chaecked on?

I have a 2 Duo core Intel.. at 1.6ghz each

For some people the single core selection from the dual core settings works. For others like me, it was worse so I reverted back.

As the SP1 patch has code for the dual cores, quad cores etc then you would be best advised to revert them back to normal prior to installation. Anything barring a simple .cfg change should be put back to how it was also, this is as per Phil Taylors instruction.

Reider

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

Thanks Reider.
I tried turning off one processor and I got better performance. I hope that when the SP1 comes out and is configured for 2 processors it's amazing.

BTW: Where can I find Phil Taylor's specific instructions? Does he have a guide out there?

Thanks again.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...