Anyone tried FSX on Windows XP?

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

FSX SP1 also going to improve performance in XP or Just the Vista?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

It will work with both XP and Vista

Pro Member Trainee
Bob Suchowierski (Bob-Ski) Trainee

anonymouse91 wrote:

It will work with both XP and Vista

🍻

I don’t think anyone can answer that question 100%. We will have to take a wait and see position on that. What I do know about Vista is it’s a memory HOG. It’s loaded with so many things that you will probably never use that you will, most likely, have to upgrade your current machine just to keep even if you replace XP with it. Like so many other BIGGER AND BETTER operating systems (Key Word BIGGER) you always seem to pay a price in performance or some other way. I have, many years ago, realized that the developers and the computer manufactures work as a team to force you to stay in the upgrade circle. Do you have any idea how many other processes are running after you boot your machine? A better question would be do you know what they are doing? OK…OK I’m done but every time I start thinking about this subject I get pissed-off.

If you’re looking for better performance in FSX Try the Tweaks (BACK UP ANY FILE YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!)

Bob

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Bob-Ski wrote:

Like so many other BIGGER AND BETTER operating systems (Key Word BIGGER) you always seem to pay a price in performance or some other way. I have, many years ago, realized that the developers and the computer manufactures work as a team to force you to stay in the upgrade circle. Do you have any idea how many other processes are running after you boot your machine? A better question would be do you know what they are doing? Bob

AND I'LL SAY AMEN TO THAT

I have been an amatuer programmer for a long time (and I'm going to stay one). It is a real tragedy, a disgrace to see how the real power of the computer is being kept from the little people.,.. BY DELIBERATE DESIGN.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Ctrl-Alt-Del will bring up your task manager and you can look at what is running. You may want to close something, and that will probably improve FSX. I always check this when I'm doing a comparison analysys on two or more computer systems.

Pro Member Trainee
Bob Suchowierski (Bob-Ski) Trainee

lionlicker wrote:

Bob-Ski wrote:

Like so many other BIGGER AND BETTER operating systems (Key Word BIGGER) you always seem to pay a price in performance or some other way. I have, many years ago, realized that the developers and the computer manufactures work as a team to force you to stay in the upgrade circle. Do you have any idea how many other processes are running after you boot your machine? A better question would be do you know what they are doing? Bob

AND I'LL SAY AMEN TO THAT

I have been an amatuer programmer for a long time (and I'm going to stay one). It is a real tragedy, a disgrace to see how the real power of the computer is being kept from the little people.,.. BY DELIBERATE DESIGN.

That’s why we need places to go like this. Without the good people that are willing to share what they know we would be S O L and be at the TOTAL mercy of the Big Boys.

Bob Ski

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...