GAUGE addons

Pro Member Trainee
n9xv Trainee

Is there a way I can swap out a standard VOR indicator or DG for an HSI or RMI in a Cessna 182S in FS2004?

Thanks,

Kevin

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

n9xv wrote:

Is there a way I can swap out a standard VOR indicator or DG for an HSI or RMI in a Cessna 182S in FS2004?

Possible but would require serious program surgery, a better solution would be a new panel.

Here is one: ➡ http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004pan&DLID=35121

Pro Member Trainee
n9xv Trainee

Thanks CRJ. I am having some difficulty getting it to work though. I understand the "copy to folder" stuff but, It says to "dedicate" the panel folder in the aircraft.cfg file. I see the aircraft.cfg file in the my C182 folder but I dont understand what I am supposed to do there?

Kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

***Backup your C-182 aircraft file and your FS9 Gauges folders***

1. Copy the Panel.redo folder into your FS9 C-182 folder.

2. Highlight and copy the contents of the gauges folder in the download, into your FS9 Gauges folder(Yes to overwrite all).

3. Copy and paste the following entry into your C-182 aircraft config file one space below the last model entry[fltsim. 4]. The new entry will be [fltsim. 5]. There should be one space between the entry and the next entry, [General]. I don't think the spacing between entries is critical but this is what I did and it works.

Entry:

[fltsim.5]
title=Cessna Skylane 182S Paint3 HSI
sim=Cessna182S
model=
panel=redo
sound=
texture=3
kb_checklists=Cessna182S_check
kb_reference=Cessna182S_ref
atc_id=N882LS
ui_manufacturer=Cessna
ui_type="C182S Skylane"
ui_variation="White with blue and purple-HSI"
description="When Cessna saw how well their Model 180 was selling, they looked for a way to make it an even bigger success\s the answer was the Model 182. The Cessna 182 Skylane feels and acts like a heavier, more powerful version of its sibling, the 172 Skyhawk. The airplane is a workhorse and a stable platform for flying on instruments. Even with a full tank, the 182 carries a family-size useful load and performs admirably as an aerial sport utility vehicle."

I believe this is what the author meant by "Dedicate". He just assumed that such a simple term(to him) is known to everyone. I've never heard the term either and it took me some trial and error and detective work to determine how to install the panel.
Notes
1. Stormscope turns on but isn't designed to actually work.
2. GPS/NAV switch is not labled but down is GPS.

Pro Member Trainee
n9xv Trainee

Well, I still cant get it to work. I cut-&-pasted the text into the aircraft.cfg file and it seems to accept it ok but no new gauges appear yet. The only way I could open the .cfg file was with notepad. I copied each individual gauge file into the FS9 gauge file.

Still hackin - - -

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

.....And in the "Select Aircraft" menu you did select the 182S Skylane "White with blue and purple-HSI" variant? You did not just pick the first 182S from the list? If you have not checked this, you may very well be loading the wrong, unmodified plane.

Excuse the idiot-like question, but it is something easily overlooked when you're breaking your head over one specific problem... Wink

* Btw, the author probably meant "define" instead of "dedicate"

Pro Member Trainee
n9xv Trainee

Thanks for the tip ARD-DC, I have'nt tyied that yet but will in a bit. I know what you mean though - its the simple things that get ya fouled up 😕 🙂

Embarassed YEP!

thats what I did 😀

I also figured out how to swap gauges between aircraft! Thats way too cool! 😎

Thanks again,

Kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Glad to hear it works for you. 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...