moving seat position in VC

spuddi Guest

How do you move the starting postion with the VC?
I know once you go into the VC you can go up/down left/right forwards/backwards by using different combinations of CTRL shift, enter and the bckspace buttons.
But I want to be able to edit the starting postion.
Some aircraft have the VC starting position too far forwards and every time you load up the aircraft and go to the VC you have to move backwards.
Also it would be nice to start in the co-pilot seat sometimes so once i know how to change it I could move myself over to the right.
I'm guessing that its some kind of entry in the aircraft.cfg but need to know which?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
spuddi Guest

found it.
in the aircraft.cfg there is an entry for views, see the below for the default 737-400
[Views]
eyepoint=43.7, -1.31, 3.7 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

the first one relates to forwards and backwards (the bigger the number the further forwards.
the second one relates left/right, o is in the centreline a minus figure takes you left and a plus takes you right.
the last one relates to height.

so if you want to start off in the co-pilot seat just change the second figure from a negative to a postive and then you will be spot on as below

[Views]
eyepoint=43.7, 1.31, 3.7 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

all i need to do for the aircraft that start me off too far forwards is take off .1 or .2 from the first figure

Bingo.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...