Any way to make FSX change the default aircraft,

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Any way to make FSX change the default aircraft, airport, time zone and virtual cockpit zoom?
Every time I launch FSX I have to select aircraft, change airport, change time, when a flight is launched I have to change the cockpit zoom to 0.5 (best zoom to me). I wonder if there's a way to make the aircraft of my choice at the start-up, as well as airport and time. I think the zoom can be changed in aircraft.cfg, but just can't find it.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I mean I know where aircraft.cfg is but just can't find where in the file for the zoom change.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

The only flaw of that link is: there is no Make this the default flight" check box at the end, so nothing achieved.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Just can't find this button chief! It's not existent on my FSX. Weird 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When you get to the "Free Flight " screen, the one with the spinning aircraft in the window.
Look below and there are 5 buttons, one says "save".
At the bottom of the save window is "make this the default flight".

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...