AGP or PCI-E?

Pro Member Trainee
Mavix Trainee

Should I get an AGP 8x or a PCI Express graphics card? Will it make any major difference if I use a PCI-E card?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

This question has to be one of the most idiotic i've seen here in a while. Why would you want an AGP motherboard now? Hello, welcome to 2007 and PCI-Ex 16.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

AGP is yesterdays card, PCIe is the newest the fastest and the best.
If you can use one on your board go for it.
DirectX 10 should be out by the end of this year (if you are going to use Vista) so I would recommend that.
If you aren't going to use Vista stick with a top rated PCIe card that you can get now that doesn't support DX 10, no point in spending extra money for it.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

Oh Astrosteve, remember to be kind.

Some people aren't able to keep up on the latest and greatest technology. This stuff moves quite fast nowadays.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Ok, Sorry I will chill....... 😉 😎

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

You need to get whichever your board supports... dont get AGP if you have a PCI-E, and vise versa... or it wont work.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...