AGP 8x/4x work on pci slot????

puma2212 Guest

is anybody knows if a ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics 256MB AGP 8x/4x would fit in a dell 2400 dimension with a pci slot???????
please im in pain cause i just bought one.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest

Does your Dell have an AGP slot?

The two slots are completely different. An AGP card will not work in a PCI slot.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

you would prolly end up frying something... or everything

DONT DO IT

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

He's right, you have to have an AGP socket, I'm not sure about Dell but they are usually brown and the PCI slots are white.

Radar

puma2212 Guest

NOT ONE IS BROWN I JUST OPEN IT AND ALL 3 ARE PCI... FOR FXXK SAKE WHY THEY DONT MAKE COMPUTER WITH NE OPERATING SISTEM
IS ANYONE WANT A GRAPHIC CARD?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Bummer, call Dell and see if they can do something for you.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

That's why they can sell this crap so cheap.. A motherboard with 3 pci slots and no AGP slot costs very very little..

There isn't too much available in the way of PCI video cards, but there are some out there.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

Use the Dell as a boat anchor and get a real box with pretty lights. Twisted Evil

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

What pretty box with lights do you guys have.

BashDaBish Guest

The Dell Dimension 2400 is budget office machine with intergrated graphics and a micro atx motherboard.....basically it's a small machine designed for office users and not gaming. It has 3 PCI slots and no AGP so, unless you want to spend some money on a new motherboard etc then I would give this one up.

Nice card by the way.......sitting in that machine would be an injustice 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...