problem with the way textures look

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

As I have already guessed, my graphics card could be better. Only being able to install PCI cards (not PCIX or AGP does have its disadvantages I guess) does limit my options. Anyway, the textures for all my 737, 747, and Airbus appear blurry. You can make out the logo on the tail or the writing on the body of the plane. The only part of the plane that comes out clear is the plane's registration number. The curious thing here is that some of the textures and payware I have loaded come through much clearer than the default planes.

I have tried to adjust the aircraft settings all the way up, but this doesn't seem to change anything.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use the control panel that comes with the card.

Do you have ATi or NVIDIA and which card.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

as of right now I have the NVIDIA 5500 but am thinking of the only upgrade I can do which is the NVIDIA 6200 which has double the memory. The other option is trashing the Dell and buying a real computer, but that will have to wait a bit.

If upgrading the card won't make a difference, I'll probably just stick with what I have now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try adjusting it in the cards control panel first.
Set the AA, AF and Mip-Map. That should help some.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

Thanks RadarMan, I'll give that a try. What would be a good setting to start off with?

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Global Texture Quality in the main TAB of the graphics settings is what controls the clearity of the plane, virtual cockpit, etc... give that a try.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

NVIDIA tough to say, I have ATi.
My guess, AA 2X, AF 16X and mip map full quality.

See if your card can handle that.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

wow - changing the global texture made a huge difference. Now I hope that doesn't change the FPS at all. How do you see what your frames per second are?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

rowcoach wrote:

wow - changing the global texture made a huge difference. Now I hope that doesn't change the FPS at all. How do you see what your frames per second are?

Shift+Z a few times brings up 2 lines of red information on the top of your screen.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...