Flight sim x wont run

Guest Guest

Hi. i have just bought and installed flight sim x. i also bought a sapphire x1950 pro agp. when i try to run flight sim x i get the following error

"flight simulator is not working with your video card. verify latest drivers..."

i have the latest catalyst drivers 7.4 and im on xp sp2 with the latest dx runtimes. any ideas ?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Delete the log file and try again.

Radar

didnt work. same error

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Is it possible that the sapphire x1950 pro agp is simply being rejected by FSX, seing that it was hatched from fossilized dinosaur eggs whereas FSX is still stuck in a futuristic time capsule?

that didnt work either

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I had a feeling there might be a big gap measured in aeons 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Your new video card looks good, much better than what some are using with FSX.
http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=168

Try a few things:
1. Update Windows at Microsoft's website.
2. Update/check that you have the latest Direct X.
3. Set/check that your screen resolution is 1024X768
(Too high a resolution with too many visual features may trigger the warning.)
4. Set your video settings to medium for starters. Your processor may not be strong enough to drive the new video card.
5. If they are offered, try a video card driver one less than the latest one out.
6. Ensure that your computer is actually using the new video card. If your computer has an integrated video feature, you have to disable it so that it will use the new video card. FSX could be still trying to use the integrated video feature instead of your new card.
7. Ensure that you have enough RAM, I suggest minimum of 2GB.
Integrated video also uses part of you RAM which lowers the total available to FSX.

Posting your system specifications may help diagnose your problem.

CRJCapt wrote:

1. Update Windows at Microsoft's website.

windows is up to date with all updates

CRJCapt wrote:

2. Update/check that you have the latest Direct X.

yes, i have the latest directx runtimes installed
DirectX Redistributable (April 2007) v9.18.944

CRJCapt wrote:

3. Set/check that your screen resolution is 1024X768
(Too high a resolution with too many visual features may trigger the warning.)

i cant even get into the game to set anything

CRJCapt wrote:

4. Set your video settings to medium for starters. Your processor may not be strong enough to drive the new video card.

i have a 3.0Ghz P4 Northwood

CRJCapt wrote:

5. If they are offered, try a video card driver one less than the latest one out.

have tried this with no luck

CRJCapt wrote:

6. Ensure that your computer is actually using the new video card. If your computer has an integrated video feature, you have to disable it so that it will use the new video card. FSX could be still trying to use the integrated video feature instead of your new card.

i dont have any other card installed my mobo doesnt have any onboard video

CRJCapt wrote:

7. Ensure that you have enough RAM, I suggest minimum of 2GB.
Integrated video also uses part of you RAM which lowers the total available to FSX.

i have 2gb Corsair DDR400

CRJCapt wrote:

Posting your system specifications may help diagnose your problem.

XP Pro SP2 with all updates
A-bit IC7-G mobo
2GB Corsair DDR400 (4 x CMX512)
WD250GB (8mb cache)
Audigy 2

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Well, Your system is good and you have tried obvious things. You could have some type of conflict in the video system but probably not if your video card works fine with other applications. It must be FSX.
With all the problems that people have had, it wouldn't surprise me if during the installation, FSX failed to copy some file or component that is causing the problem. Remove FSX, ensure that everything is fine with your video card(other applications). Ensure that your DVD drive has the latest driver and reinstall FSX.

There is a problem with FSX and Nero.
"This issue may occur if third-party DVD movie players or DVD disc creating programs, such as InterVideo Launcher or Nero 7 interfere with the reading of the Flight Simulator X disks. The DVD discs for Flight Simulator X are formatted as Universal Disk Format (UDF) Volumes. Typically this kind of DVD disc is read by a UDF volume reader that is installed with Microsoft Windows. However, third-party DVD movie players or DVD disc creating programs may prevent the UDF volume reader from functioning as expected."

I also seem to remember something about FSX and Internet Explorer 7 but can't find the reference.

That's about all that I can think of, here is the link to FSX support site.
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/7745

i use nero 6. or are u talking about nero 7 ? i tried reinstalling FSX but no go. conveniently SP1 is just around the corner so i will give that a go. if it doesnt work i will just wait for new drivers or format and hope for the best. thanks for help

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I think Nero is a problem, 6 or 7. The DVD drive using Nero as the application doesn't read the FSX disc properly. Try uninstalling Nero and the reinstalling FSX.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...