Run Flight Simulator 2004 on Vista

Pro Member Trainee
gulli666 Trainee

I am trying to run Flight Simulator 2004 on Windows Vista and the sim seems not to be able to run on Vista, has anybody tried this and found some fix another than go back to Windows XP

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

First, welcome. 😀
Second, this post probably would fare better in the FS2004 General forum, since site bugs and errors refers to this web site..
Third, what specifically happens when you try to run FS2004 on the Vista beta? Does it load at all, crash to desktop, something else?

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

gulli666 wrote:

I am trying to run Flight Simulator 2004 on Windows Vista and the sim seems not to be able to run on Vista, has anybody tried this and found some fix another than go back to Windows XP

I have XP on drive C, and Windows Vista Ultimate (Beta 2) on drive D. I have FS9 installed on both OS and both run very smoothly, FS9 installed and runs without any problems on Vista, atleast it does for me. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

I think you may have a hardware or driver problem.
I have the same set up as WingMan. Have XP on Part C, and Vista 64 bit mode on Part D, and they both run perfectly, the Vista is the best, so I shall remove fs9 from my XP part. I am running in Dual-Core mode as you can see from my sig. The only very small hiccup, was it failed to recognize Disk 4 when starting, but as soon as I copied the modded fs9.exe from XP to Vista all worked OK. In Vista there seems no limit to fps, and even in XP it surpasses all my previous speeds.

I'm not in any rush for fsX now, as with my present set up fs9 is awe inspiring.

Will try to post some screen shots, but have a new case coming within the next two days, and have to move its innards from the old cramped case to a nice new RaidMax Case.

John B Guest

I'm Having a problem with fs2004 in that the view out of the front window is static the instruments work and show the aircraft manovering the joystick works but the cockpit view does't change.
i've got retail vista & nvidia g force 7600 and installed the latest driver. and reinstalled fs 2004

blahblahblahblah Guest

most likely windows aero, john, try turning it off

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...