F19 Stealth Fighter

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

I think it would be great if some FS Plane designing wizard could create an F19 Stealth Fighter for FS9.

I remember playing Microprose's F19 Flightsim back in the late 80's, it was a brilliant flightsim, medals, carrier take off's, photo recon missions over the Soviet Union and Libya etc, those were the days LOL.

If anyone out there has the know how, please give it a go and make a thirty something flightsimmer very happy 😂

Microprose F19 Stealth Fighter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-19_Stealth_Fighter

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That game was made before we knew of the existence of the F-117 Stealth Fighter. You should be able to find the F-117 for FS9.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-117_Nighthawk

PS Just found out that they are going to retire the F-117 in 2008.

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Ive tried the F117 in FS9 and although a great plane it doesnt have the look of the F19 i used to fly when I came home from a long day at school to jump into my Spectrum 128k equiped cockpit and fly over the Soviet Union taking photo recon pictures of the vodka swilling, fluffy hat wearing commies below in Red Square. 😂

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

sonicninja wrote:

Ive tried the F117 in FS9 and although a great plane it doesnt have the look of the F19 i used to fly when I came home from a long day at school to jump into my Spectrum 128k equiped cockpit and fly over the Soviet Union taking photo recon pictures of the vodka swilling, fluffy hat wearing commies below in Red Square. 😂

Now now sonicninja, you should know better than that, you being a military man and all 😀 !

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

Microprose's F19 Flightsim. The F-19 “Flying Frisbee”…Wow, that takes me back to my C=64 days! Embarassed It was incredibly good for its day wasn’t it? 😎

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Ahh yes, it certainly was! 🙂
That's quite a while ago....God I have spent quite some time on that program... 😎

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Listen I know for a fact that someone made the Russian counterpart. I think it was done by IZo (Or whatever his name is)

I too would love a nice version or that old F19 in FS2004--I spent far too many hours in that trying to evade the russkie radars. For what it was and Whan it was it was a ton of fun

I still have the original game, another one that was very cool and overlooked by many was the SU25 sturmovick game--Now there are SU-25s around and they are great, but anyone remember the blood that would splatter inside the cockpit when you got hit?

PLEASE WONT SOMEONE MAKE A F-19--the rounded one that testors put out?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...