new computer: can I set up FSX again?

bobrob Guest

I had bought and installed FSX on my old and inadequate PC.It didn't perform well. Now I've just built a first rate gaming computer and want to try FSX again. I certainly don't want to buy a new copy, but I've heard that I have to. I've also heard that you can set up and install FSX one more time., in a new PC. What's the truth and how do I go about it?
Bob Roberts

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

FSX can be activated up to two times (I think). Just install FSX normally and activate.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You should be able to install FSX on your new computer, that would be the second installation that they allow you.

From Microsoft:
Q4: How many times can I activate the product?

A4: There is no limit to the number of times that you can activate the software product on the same computer. For example, you can remove and re-install or re-activate the product any number of times. An additional activation is provided so that you can remove and re-install the product on the same computer or on a different computer. See the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) for more information. The EULA is located in the game folder.

Q6: Can I install the product on more than one computer?

A6: You can install and use one copy of the software product on the licensed device. The licensed device is the device for which you have accepted the license agreement. You can remove the product and then install the product on another computer. However, you cannot share the license between two or more computers. See the End User License Agreement (EULA), for more information.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927007

bobrob Guest

Thanks, guys. I presume the same thing applies to FS2004; I want both available, since I have a zillion FS9 downloads. Now if I can figure how to get them all moved over from one machine to the other.
Bob Roberts

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

bobrob wrote:

I presume the same thing applies to FS2004;

Fortunately you're wrong. You can install fs9 as many times as you like - that's from the horses mouth 😀

bobrob wrote:

Thanks, guys. I presume the same thing applies to FS2004; I want both available, since I have a zillion FS9 downloads. Now if I can figure how to get them all moved over from one machine to the other.
Bob Roberts

I presume you are ignorant about FSX because you do not own a copy.
Since you do not own FSX and have never installed/uninstalled one, why do you have to answer this question? Nobody will call you stupid if you don't say anything.

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

bobrob wrote:

Bob Roberts

I presume you are ignorant about FSX because you do not own a copy.
Since you do not own FSX and have never installed/uninstalled one, why do you have to answer this question? Nobody will call you stupid if you don't say anything.

What are you going on about! It says clearly in his first post that he has FSX and needs to reinstall on another machine. He also has FS2004 which he wants to move too. Read before you say anything

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The bliss of Anonymous Posts Whistle

Pro Member First Officer
2robplaying First Officer

I've installed fsx 3 times now without a problem.

1st install on old system
2nd install on work pc (don't tell the boss please)
3rd install on new system

Do you think that IP address has a part to play?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...