Best Graphics Card for 2004

Pro Member Trainee
jimthomasjohnston Trainee

Good Day,

I am looking at upgrading my machine from AGP to PCIExpress...what would be the absolute best graphics card to get for FS2004? I am currently running a Nvidia 6800OC and get good frame rates until active sky kicks in with any type of heavy cloud layers. I am getting sick of it and want to run crystal smooth graphics on FS2004. I am not interested in upgrading to FSX at this time as I have everything running on 2004 perfectly, aside from the graphics.

Jim

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jimthomasjohnston wrote:

...what would be the absolute best graphics card to get for FS2004?

Just remember that if you do get the 'absolute best gfx card' you might have to upgrade your CPU as well in order to avoid a bottleneck.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Well im gonna get a 8800GT and 2GB RAM + 2.6GHz Quad Processor
How would my system run ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You shouldn't have a problem with a 2.6GHz Quad and the 8800GT seems very popular and worth its money.
When you get your RAM, do a little research and don't skimp. Some say that generic RAM is ok just because they were lucky enough not to have had any problems. My suggestion, pay a little more and get a decent brand.
...and, be careful that they don't sell you outdated RAM -- it's quite a subject on its own, let's just say 'RAM is not RAM'. Do your research Read
🙂

Pro Member Trainee
drwhoere Trainee

I'm running a 8800 and you seen Seba's screenshots? You will get the same graphics if you get the settings right!

Pro Member Trainee
drwhoere Trainee

he DONT photoshop

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Back to the subject...I assume you know that you will have to get a new motherboard to utilize a PCi express video card. I don't think there are any motherboards that have both slots.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Emerald, ummm, doesnt the word photoreal come into mind. Though yeah he does edit them

Sorry to be off topic Embarassed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...