GPWS Sounds in FSX

Pro Member Trainee
otter Trainee

I have question regarding GPWS sounds in FSX: When I had FS2004 I remember downloading some add-on that gave me very realistic sounding GPWS sounds. Two or three times in the past I have heard the same sounds coming from real cockpits as I was getting on a commercial flight (sinkrate, pull up, bank angle). Presumably the pilots were testing? Really doubt we were having a Sinkrate issue on the jetway 😂 Anyway...

The sounds in FSX have a different sounding voice. In my opinion they sound very "informal" and there's something about the tone that does not make me feel like there's danger or an issue. Personally, I find the guys voice pretty annoying.

So my question is - is this really what GPWS sounds like in new planes? Can it be changed in real plans? And how do I get the old sounds back in FSX?

Thanks, happy flying!

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
BucKFasT Guest

I would like to know the same. I have tried to convert and get the sounds from FS2004 to FSX but I don´t know how to get the sound.cfg for the airplane to use those sounds. Anyone have a clue?

cheers

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...