Holy crap, joystick made a HUGE difference!

Civili Guest

I just bought me a joystick , saitek cyborg force something ( http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/cyborg_evo_force.htm ) And my advice to all of you playing with the keybord is, buy one aswell.

I had insane difficulties with flying a helicopter, now its 10x easiere. I can recommand the one i bought, its good to hold and vibrates 😀

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Yeah, you are right. You need to have a joy stick. It is not even fun with out one.

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

I am thinking about buying a new joy stick. Not sure which one yet. Need to do some research first.

But, on your joy stick, can you actually calibrate it, and see, feel the difference?

stocz2

don't buy the logitech attack 3d

you need one with twisting handle (if you don't have pedle)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i stongly suggest the Siatek Flight sontrol system X52 or the X52 PRO

but if you do that then go all the way and buy the pedals.

but if your big into helicopters dont get the X52 it isnt the best for them but great for PLANES! 👍

Last edited by Jake (JarJarBinks) on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

Siatek Flight control system X52

Just ordered the above system.

stocz2

NSX Guest

Yeah it really makes a differents, handling planes with a keyboard is close to impossible.
My first was this:http://www.dixons.nl/De_online_winkel/ProductDetail/xp/shop/gaming/pc/accessoires/TRUST+Predator+TH+400+Joystick.7043412/default.aspx

Bought this cheapy thing and when I felt what a turn-around that gave my flight sim experience I bought this one:http://www.dixons.nl/De_online_winkel/ProductDetail/xp/shop/gaming/pc/accessoires/TRUST+GM-2500+joystick.7063273/default.aspx

Much better, and it has a twist handle for the rudder 😀

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

Right now i have the Logitech® Extreme™ 3D Pro Joystick , don't really care for it. I have to recalibrate lt, almost before every use. The twist is always off to 1 side. Probably getting old.

stocz2

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

stocz2 wrote:

Right now i have the Logitech® Extreme™ 3D Pro Joystick , don't really care for it. I have to recalibrate lt, almost before every use. The twist is always off to 1 side. Probably getting old.

stocz2

yes ive heard many complaints from the stick but none so far for any saitek products.

and the X52 has over 33 programable buttons and analogs, and MED has a screen displaying the function of what is being used.

has three modes that can be programmed I have the 1st mode (green) as Taxi, takeoff, and landing. 2nd mode (yellow) for Climb, Cruise, and Decsent. and the 3rd mode (red) for failures and other functions.

the throttle is very accurate with 0% thrust, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% percent thrust markings with even marks between those for more accurate readings.

LED lights illuminate the buttons and flight surfaces.

Ive also bought the saitek GK200 Tacticle gaming keyboard and Command Unit to go along with the X52.

to view more and see ratings a comments here is the link to the saitek site....

http://www.saitek.com/uk/

Alastairmilton Guest

I would highly recomend the Saitek Cyborg Evo, its the best ive ever owned. After taking back 3 logitechs, I did some research and found this was the go. Its got a faily heavy base which is important and buttons in all the right places, and trim adjustment etc. Awesome

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...