Logiteck force 3D joystick-No force feed back

Pro Member Trainee
movierunner Trainee

Ok I bought a new computer so that FSX would run better.
The new PC has windows 7, I connected the joystick & windows saw it.
But no force feed back, so I check the cong of the joystick in the game & there is NO place that shows use/ turn on feed back? Also did the same in win.7. I did not install any software for the joystick as I can't find any for win 7.
Any ideas??
Thanks

computer is an HP Pavilion P6216f , AMD Athlon II X3 triple core 425 2.7ghz, 8GB DDR3 ram, ATI 4650 video card with 1GB memory

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You didn't say what the joystick is.
I have a Sidewinder Pro 2 Precision USB stick.
It won't work in Vista and Windows7 64bit because MS won't make drivers for the 64bit OS system that they build.
All the other manufacturers seem to come out with 64bit drivers but MS doesn't care because they no longer make the hardware.

It's off to find a new stick or yoke.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
movierunner Trainee

Sorry, the Joystick brand is a Logitech WingMan Force 3D "Force Feedback"

Win 7 see it , just no place is setting to turn on Feedback. I did the config / set-up (moving the stick around & pushing a button on the joystick as asked. It works the way it should but just no FEEDBACK Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

OK, they should be able to help on their forums.

http://forums.logitech.com/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
movierunner Trainee

Well I got an answer from Logitech 😞 They said they are no longer supporting this joystick. So I'll be looking for a new one this weekend

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too bad, I have that same problem with Sidewinder.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
movierunner Trainee

They have this one--
LOGITECH FORCE 3D PRO JOYSTICK $79.00 at the Source. It's 94.00 at Future shop.

I'll buy this and looks like you have to download new software for win.7.
I have the link.
I just replaced my HP 3 in 1 printer fro the same reason & the new one (HP 3 in 1) for 29.00 Surprised at the Source. At the HP site it looked like I had to download software package BUT I was surprised to see the disk in the box already had win 7 support on it & it's working good.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

HP had new 64bit software for my 3 in 1 printer and Logitech had it for my mouse (G5).
My stick, no way and it's Microsoft.

I may get a yoke, good prices on Amazon.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
movierunner Trainee

Well I downloaded the latest gaming software & now my Joystick & Force FeedBack works 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...