Why does it do this?!?!?!!!!!

Guest Guest

Sometimes when I land, the nose of the plane goes into the ground and the tail goes in the air, but it doesn't count as a crash. Why does it do this? Is it because I don't pull the nose up high anough when landing?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

You land too fast and you don't flare enough. Basically your front landing gear gets broken and you can't move the aircraft anymore. You can count it as a crash.

Guest Guest

So I'm going too fast and don't flare anough. Does flare mean I don't pull up anough?

Guest Guest

Also, how slow should I be when I land? Usually I'm about 175 knots.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

depends what plane but i normal around 130ish in 737

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Flare means to pull up your nose a bit just brfore touch down. 130 is for Airbus A318,319,320 as well.

Guest Guest

I'm trying to land the 777 but this keeps happening, I guess I'll just pull up the nose more.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

Guest wrote:

I'm trying to land the 777 but this keeps happening, I guess I'll just pull up the nose more.

if you going that fast if you pull nose up you will not desend. think of it as free falling get the pitch right hold it there and used the engines to level the decent out and incress it

Guest wrote:

Don't!

I think I know what's going on, as it happened to my twice. Yes, I am new to the big bird. Using FSPassengers does focus your mind.

This is what I did (wrong):
Going down the glide path at around 160 kt, I slowed to 140 kt about 3 nm to touchdown and set the autobreak to 3. At the 10 ft call out I cut the power, the angle was around 6ยบ (perhaps a bit much e.g. Tail strike), as soon as the wheels touched down I applied the speed breaks and then straight away reverse thrust. What then happened is that the the nose came down with a big thud, dug into the runway. Crash! 1/2 the passengers dead, flight crew injured, plane a write off. 🙄

What went wrong? I should have kept on "flying" the the plane, touching the nose down gently. Only when the nose is firmly on the ground I should have applied breaking, reverse thrust, etc. When I did this the next time I managed to get the plane (and pax) down in one piece. Try it and make sure you have Crash detection set, otherwise how will learn from your mistakes?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...