why cant you use real aircraft speeds on the fs aircrafts

boeing772 Guest

I have been trying to use real aircraft speeds such as mach. 80 it gives me a sign of overspeed also can anybody tell me where to get an aircraft with clickable overhead buttons

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Try here:

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ for the aircraft you want. Their planes (payware) seem to be well-liked and have operational overhead panels.

As to the speed thing - are you sure you are at a sufficiently high altitude for Mach 0.8? It would be normal to use KIAS below, well, maybe FL260.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

boeing772 wrote:

I have been trying to use real aircraft speeds such as mach. 80 it gives me a sign of overspeed also can anybody tell me where to get an aircraft with clickable overhead buttons

You can travel at Mach .80 in FS but as with the real aircraft, you have to be at the correct altitude. Real aircraft have speed restrictions set by the manufacturer for safety reasons that vary by altitude. Normally you would have to be above FL 280(28,000 feet) in order to travel at Mach .80.

Mach is the ratio of the speed of sound. At higher temperatures, sound travels faster. Mach .80 results in a faster true airspeed at 20,000 feet(-25 C) than at 30,000 feet(-45 C) because of the difference in temperature.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...