View Keep Changing

kerrysr Guest

My views (cockpit, virtual, etc) keep changing and I cant stop them. I want to keep one view only. What gives?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You must be pressing a wrong button somewhere.
Try just launching a flight and using the throttle only, no other buttons or keys. Taxi and take off, you shouldn't get a change of views.
Has this always happened and is it with every aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Ahem...Radarman, I'm not being gruff...but, how do you expect him to turn using only the throttle 😛 heh, just kiddin wit ya!

If you have a Joystick, try re-caliberating it to see if one of the buttons are held down.

If you have ActiveCamera, sometimes if you select a combination of views and mouse abilities, it can mess with it too.

If you have big hands, use just one finger to press buttons 😛

kerrysr Guest

The views are changing with no joystick used. I am fairly certain its mouse related. The view seems to remain fixed until I touch the mouse. Once I move the mouse, a few seconds later the view toggles.

It is a wireless logitech mouse. Any thoughts?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

2004 doesn't use the mouse as a yoke, I believe that 2002 did.
Which are you using and cordless mice can do strange things.
Go into you settings in the sim and make certain that the mouse hasn't any controls keyed for it if it's 2004.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 Do you have a cordless keyboard aswell? If so it could be you need new batteries as the power drops.it my be causing RF interference

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I've heard of viruses doing things like that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Another problem could be that you press the "S" key to change the view with the keyboard and they key got stuck. Sometimes you don't see that the key got stuck. That happened to me with some keyboards.

I replaced the mouse with a wired version. The keyboard is wired. There are no viruses. No stuck keys.

Views continue to toggle. Should I remove FS and reinstall?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

It's up to you.
I'll do that if I can't find any solution.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

kerrysr wrote:

My views (cockpit, virtual, etc) keep changing and I cant stop them. I want to keep one view only. What gives?

I used to get a somewhat similar problem with my landing gear and flaps, however, once I deleted the joystick assignments (buttons were warbly & over sensitive) for those two commands the problem was eradicated.

There are joystick and keyboard commands for "Views (cycle)". If there is an incorrect setting there, it could possibly cause your problem. Check in FS9 Settings > Assignments.

Ok here it is.

When I disable the joystick, the views do not toggle. As soon as I enable it, it goes bonkers. I am using a CH Products flight sim usb yoke. I downloaded the latest drivers from CH and calibrated the stick etc but no luck.

Any thoughts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...