passing instrument checkride

janm Guest

Hi there.It's me again. I find this site the best place to get answers, so i hope you don't mind me asking another quewstion, since i'm novice at flying sims. 🙂

This instrument checkride i'm having problems passing as many do, i found out reading similar topics.
I can't even descend to vor. I set the frequency, obs1 to 338 and descend according to the chart, i also chase the needle in the vor1 and center it.
I watch out i don't go +- 10 knots,+- 100 feet...In the final phase descending to missed approach altitude. At about 2nm from vor i get the message checkride failed.

Man, it really sucks not knowing what i did wrong, no post flight message, nothing. I 'm pretty sure i won't manage it without some pro help. so please tell me, what to keep in my mind while descending to vor and what altitudes to stick to cause according to chart 5000,3000,1600 don't seem to work or it's just me doing it wrong.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks,
Jan

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
privates???? Guest

what one???
the one were you get your private pilot thing??
can you tell me on the 737 one were you are on approach to jfk airport.
and the broad says to turn a certain heading,
no matter what i do she starts bitchin that i flew out of the fly zone or somethin lesson over??????????????????????????
😕

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

I watch out i don't go +- 10 knots,+- 100 feet...In the final phase descending to missed approach altitude. At about 2nm from vor i get the message checkride failed.

Not 100% sure about the simulator but i have a general point for maintaining speeds. Speeds will normally have a higher + deviation from set speeds than - speeds. You can imagine when practicing slow flight and other such procedures you are operating closer to critical speeds. Therefore speed deviations below the planned speed can be very dangerous. Eg. -5kts/+10kts

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...