ATC sound

watercottage@tiscali.co.u Guest

Hi All

I am new to FSX (Vista) which seems to work fine apart from the fact I cannot get any ATC sounds.

The other sounds are there(engines etc) but no spoken words.

What have I missed or am I being very silly???

rgds
Mick

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
benbastock Trainee

if you are not flying online to get the simulated atc press the alt button to get the atc window up you will need to learn the rest from another source on how to communicate and what to say

Pro Member Trainee
Sven2157 Trainee

benbastock wrote:

if you are not flying online to get the simulated atc press the alt button to get the atc window up you will need to learn the rest from another source on how to communicate and what to say

Actually to pull up ATC, you need to press the Tilde Key, " ` " <-- that thing in the middle of the quotes. It is located next to the number 1 key in the top row.

Then select the number of your choice. Autoresponder is set by default, so go ahead and play with it; its the quickest and easiest way to learn how to communicate with ATC.

Pro Member Trainee
benbastock Trainee

i did mean the ' button

Pro Member Trainee
nmm347 Trainee

I don't think his issue is how to get to ATC in the game but the fact that there is no audio from the ingame ATC. I have the same issue. When I communicate with ATC it will display the text but no audible responses. I can't find a setting for it either. Still searching the forums so hopefully a fix is posted somewhere.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...