Birds

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

How does the sim determine where and when birds appear? At one time I had a couple of hawks hanging out right next to my airport just like they do in real life. I could fly up and see them on several occasions. Then they went away. I can still see birds at Princess Julianna but not at home.

I understand they are programmed as AI aircraft. So I turned up the GA aircraft traffic hoping they would come back. No luck. Anyone know where my birds went?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I've seen them a few times and my slides are maxed out.
My guess is that you'll see them more at warm island airports near the water.

Look through these, some have added birds.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=birds&CatID=fsxscen&Go=Search

The first two. They are beautiful, he's a magician.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Bella+Coola+&CatID=fsxscen&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

You can see birds near the San Francisco piers spcificaly near the ships. You can also see them near the ships in Honolulu.

Hope this helps

Orion

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Thanks guys will try out those locations. But still wondering why I had them at my airport in So. Cal. and now they're gone.

RadarMan those sceneries look fantastic. Will have to try them out.

from the xgraphics website:

Featuring: ultra-realistic clouds, new SkyScape technology, sky color environments, custom effects, modified sun and moon, sound environment enhancements, and water environment choices including wave turbulence/frequency, environment variants & coloring.

i thought the fsx clouds are very realistic already. no?

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

A question for RadarMan:

I have the Scenery Tech North American landclass installed. I would like to add Holger Sandmann's Bella Coola scenery which falls in the area covered by the Scenery Tech landclass. Will there be any conflicts?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

freedspeak wrote:

A question for RadarMan:

I have the Scenery Tech North American landclass installed. I would like to add Holger Sandmann's Bella Coola scenery which falls in the area covered by the Scenery Tech landclass. Will there be any conflicts?

My guess is that the newest download will overwrite some of the older.
How will it look, difficult to say.
Sometimes some is scenery which would be different (most of the time) from landclass or mesh.
Back up the folder before installing.
Radar

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

The Bella Coola scenery would go into the Add On scenery folder. So what should I back up?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

freedspeak wrote:

The Bella Coola scenery would go into the Add On scenery folder. So what should I back up?

Then it shouldn't actually overwrite anything.
It could conflict with what you already have then you would just go back in and uninstall it.
No harm no foul.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...