Birds for FS2004

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It was just released and I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

File Description:
BIRDS FOR FS2004 VERSION 1.0 Full package to create bird formations in FS2004. 5000 flightplans of geese in ā€˜Vā€™- formation at various altitudes, worldwide coverage. Easy install and remove. Works as AI from invisible airports. Does not disturb your airport operations or AI traffic. Only small performance penalty. By Eric van der Veen. Geese model by Joe Binka.

fsbirds1.zip

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fsbirds1.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Guest Ed Guest

I always like to be the one to ask the question on everybody's minds:

can you suck them into a jet intake?

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I would doubt it, simply beacuse they don't use a "particle data" for the geese. I.E, all the geese is not many geese, they is one geese "aircraft" that looks like V geese.

So you'd crash, like if you tried to suck a 757 in the jet intake

I bet you could fly the geese as a special aircraft if you used a panel and stuff...Elkinallen would be able to figure out how.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I read quickly through the read-me and it's set up like an AI aircraft so it is possible to "hit" them as if you would hit another aircraft, no they don't have landing lights. 🙄

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

actually, yes, they do. I've seen geese at my house, and when they go to land, one goes down so fast, he bursts into flame, leading the way for his fellow comrades who promptly eat his nicely roasted carcass as soon as they land

...true story

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

They are so funny when they land. When I was living in Miami, there was a lake in front of my neighborhood and the geese were playing around. Well, they were like fighting. Then, when they are about to land, they crash with the other friends already on the water. 😂 It's so funny.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Thanks 'ol pal!!!! I love this stuff!!! 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...