Flight Simulator X Wind-Direction Issue

Pro Member Trainee
Daniel_spitzner Trainee

Hello.
I have noticed that when I am for example approaching a runway, I every time encounter a strenuous issue about the direction-depict of the wind.
In this case applying Real World Weather Updates or Defined Weather.
I will there for determine that I want wind direction blowing from, 360º (NORTH) towards 180º (SOUTH)
When then starting at the runway, applying thrust and gaining speed the aircraft always swings or turn against the wind 360º and not following up with the actual wind-direction path that is moving towards 180º.
I appreciate the available support.
Thanks/.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I'm not too clear on what you are describing. If your realism settings are turned up you may be experiencing p-factor/torque.

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

I love to fly using the user defined weather I nver noticed any uch problem. owever I'll watch out this time!

Cheers

Pro Member Trainee
Daniel_spitzner Trainee

Hello there faust1200.
Everything is set at [Hard] in the [Settings-Realism]
After that I checked the other
boxes that not were included for some extra experience, hopefully.

1🙂 Enable Automixture.
2🙂 Enable Gyrodrift.
I also changed from Display indicated airspeed to Display true airspeed.
However this is the settings that I'm currently using in the [Settings-Realism].

Pro Member Trainee
Daniel_spitzner Trainee

There for, it is still this problem. 😞

Pro Member Trainee
hammo Trainee

hey, you said that you changed from indicated airspeed to true airspeed,
true airspeed is no good to you unless your going to do navs, indicated airspeed is what tells you how much air is going over the wings so you know when it safe to get airborn and where the stall speed is.

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Daniel_spitzner wrote:

There for, it is still this problem. 😞

Ok. Slide the p-factor and torque all the way to the left.

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

true airspeed would vary according to the altitude which is a wrong practice. Please revert back.

Cheers

Pro Member Trainee
Daniel_spitzner Trainee

I have now done onother testflight with 25 kts wind gusting 0 kts.
According to your proposals I have also changed the [Torque], [P-factor] as easy in [Settings-Realism] and restored the airspeed to [Display indicated airspeed].
I can also admit that I have the Service Pack 1 installed on my FSX.
I have done many reinstalls on FSX before the SP1 was created since last year 2006 and also when the sp1 weren't able for download to the [general public].
However the SP1 have done some few positive impacts on the game that I have experienced for example, the hickups creating BSOD, [BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH] dumping memory and online Gamespy error have been healed as a matter of fact
Still I can retrieve some tedious Black Screen Of Death [BSOD].

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...