changing panels on aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
yankeessuck1992 Trainee

how would i change the panel of an aircraft? the aircraft already has a panel but it does not work. i would like to change it to a the panel of the crj700 or 737. please help!!!

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Well, there are 2 ways to do this but i'll tell you the easy way. Say you've got a plane which you want to have the Boeing 737's panel. Go to the SimObjects/Airplanes folder in the FSX Directory (usually C:\Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/SimObjects/Airplanes) and find the plane with the panel you want to change. Open the folder and then open the Panel folder. First, make a backup of the Panel.cfg file somewhere on your computer incase you want to restore it later. Next, Open the Panel.cfg file in Notepad and delete everything in it. Type only the following code:

[fltsim]
alias=???\panel

Edit the question marks with the name of the folder of the plane that has the panel you want. In this case, it is the Boeing 737 and the folder name is B737_800 so if you type that in the space of the question marks, then save the Panel.cfg file, it will read the Boeing 737's panel.

So the final Panel.cfg would look like this:

[fltsim]
alias=b737_800\panel

Pro Member Trainee
yankeessuck1992 Trainee

will the autopilot work with the airplane if i did that?

Pro Member Trainee
yankeessuck1992 Trainee

nevermind... i tried it and it did.

so if i wanted to use the airbus 321 panel i would type....

[fltsim]
alias=Airbus_A321\panel

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

yankeessuck1992 wrote:

nevermind... i tried it and it did.

so if i wanted to use the airbus 321 panel i would type....

[fltsim]
alias=Airbus_A321\panel

Yep

Pro Member Trainee
krichard Trainee

u right yanks suk go redsox

Pro Member Trainee
yankeessuck1992 Trainee

im more an astros fan but 2nd is the sox

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Go Seahawks!! Group Wave

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...