Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

picture in aircraft select screen

Pro Member Trainee
yankeessuck1992 Trainee

some aircraft i have downloaded and added to fsx do not have a picture in the aircraft select screen. they work fine in the game but you cant tell wat they are in the screen. if anyone knows how to give them a picture in the aircraft select screen i would greatly appreciate the help.

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

If you go to your FSX Directory\SimObjects\Airplanes (the default is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes), find the folder of the aircraft without a picture. Open the folder and in each of the Texture folders, add a picture, naming it thumbnail.jpg. The picture should then show up in the Aircraft selection.

Welcome to FlyAway! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

anonymouse91 wrote:

If you go to your FSX Directory\SimObjects\Airplanes (the default is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes), find the folder of the aircraft without a picture. Open the folder and in each of the Texture folders, add a picture, naming it thumbnail.jpg. The picture should then show up in the Aircraft selection.

how did u get the banner to work?

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Cheeks wrote:

anonymouse91 wrote:

I just went on EastJet's photobucket album and copied the link for my image. To keep this post on-topic, if you PM me, i'll help you get your sig working.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

anonymouse91 wrote:

Cheeks wrote:

anonymouse91 wrote:

I just went on EastJet's photobucket album and copied the link for my image. To keep this post on-topic, if you PM me, i'll help you get your sig working.

thanx Wink

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

anonymouse91 wrote:

I have somewhat simulal problem. I have C-17 for FSX that I downloaded from here, and in the free flight area, where the aircraft is shown, after selecting the C-17 the preview picture shows the C-17 rotating then shows a still picture of the C-17, then goes white.

I tried what you told Yankeessucker1992, but it doesn't work. Any advice?