747-400 cruising angle

Pro Member Trainee
G0Nz0 Trainee

i am sure i read a post about a fix to make the 747-400 included plane fly at a level angle at crusing speed & altitude, it always seems to sit at least 5 degrees nose up. is the a cfg file out there to fix this, and is there any for the other stock plane set included with fsx?

thanks in advance.

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

that is normal in real life with heavy planes 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Cheeks is correct.

Pro Member Trainee
G0Nz0 Trainee

no worries, must have been for a home made plane i saw for download 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

but mine also points up a little aswell but iv shared a aircraft with my friend ages ago and he got the 747 level alright and it never happend to me in fs9 the plane was strait in fs9 but not in fsx

and even when you see pics or videos of the 747 inflight its strait 😕

Pro Member Captain

hey guys i found this in the flyaway aircraft download area

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1401/fsx-boeing-aircraft-air-file-update/

dont know if it works but i will download it and try and repost to tell you if it does infact work.

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I've noticed when flying any Boeing in fsx that it cruises nose up. So much so that you can't even see the ground in the instrument view. However when flying a CRJ the pitch and ground view seem to take on a "normal" appearance.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I saw that download also. It is unrealistic to criuse level in a heavy jet.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Regardless of what you guys saw.... that is how those planes fly. With their weight, and the thiness of the air at that altitude, thats is just how they fly...

Dont listen to CRJCapt if you dont want to, hes only a commercial pilot, nah, i wouldnt listen to him etiher. 🙄

Pro Member Captain

faust1200 wrote:

I've noticed when flying any Boeing in fsx that it cruises nose up. So much so that you can't even see the ground in the instrument view. However when flying a CRJ the pitch and ground view seem to take on a "normal" appearance.

He is right i can fly a 737-800, airbus A321, CRJ-700 and any of my heavy downloaded aircrafts like the A380 and there all level

The only one witch isnt is the BOEING 747-400

Why is that how comes in real life the A380 can fly level flight but the 747 cant and dont say im wrong i checked in wikipedia and thay said that the first 747 could stay level but the 747-400 does stay level in real life but just not in FSX

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

747 At High Alt, hes keeping level, just tipped up for some reason

Pro Member Captain

So this is my plane in flight at 35000FT I swear passengers would have a bad time walking up and down that plane if its like that:

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

And not only 747 this is applicable to all jets. The higher you go more it pitches up!!! The best way to combat this is reduce the cockpit zoom to around 65-70% so that you could see the ground. Thats how I fly once I'm in air and during the approach and landing process.

Pro Member Captain

my CRJ-700 and my 737-800 seem to stay level at a speed of 280 at 35000ft

Vitor Cardoso Guest

Hi folks, I know that this post is very old but I found a pretty easy way to fix this problem, so I'm gonna leave it here because may there to be people that still look for the answer. It's just open the aircraft.cfg file (it must be done to every aircraft that present this problem), search for cruise_lift_scalar that must have value 1.0 and change that to something around 2.5, so the nose angle will be reduced twice and a half of the current attack angle while at cruise altitude. Change also the following values: elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.5 and elevator_effectiveness=1.5. These values belong to the [Flight_Tuning] session. Hope I've helped. PS: Don't insert a value superior to 2.5 in cruise_lift or, below the cruise altitude, the airplane may point the nose down, 2.5 leads the simulation very close to reality, because real planes fly in cruise altitude with a nose angle around 1.5 and 2.5 to keep lift. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...