help jetways dont work

Pro Member Trainee
Alexander Whitman (flyawayking1991) Trainee

i have all the options on extremely dense sceneryadvanced animations on to and auto gen 😞

which line do i park a 747-400 at gate a-10 at jfk i put it on the last line and pressed ctrl+J and it does not come i dont now why

Plese Help!!!!!

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

First, you cannot pick the gate , ATC will assign you a gate to go to. IF, IF....that gate has a jetway, and it is on the port (left) side of the aircraft, and you open the door (SHIFT +E) and then call the jetway (CNTL+J) it should come. To figure out which line - turn on the taxi way in the ATC window - cant remember exactly what its called, but you should get yellow dotted lines directing you to the propoer gate.

I'm assuming all of this is AFTER you land. SO why Gate A-10 at JFK only?

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

Just in case you dont read your mail...

Why you need the jetway to come to the airplane at the BEGINNING of the flight I dont know. The only thing I can think is you have your engines running at the gate. The jetway WILL NOT come to the airpane with engines running. And yo need to have the door open. Also make sure you are at a LARGE gate and not at general parking - not a small or medium if your in a 47.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

I've had the jetway come to 737-800 with my engines going and door closed. Thats how it starts for me when I choose the aircraft from free flight.

Pro Member Trainee
krichard Trainee

to make the jetways work u have to have AT LEAST 128mb vidio card. i had the same problem, i upgraded from a 64 mb vidio to 256 get a ge force 6150 le, and they work. it has 256 mb memory 😂 oh and jellrod u don have to do it at the beginng of the flight 😛

Pro Member Trainee
krichard Trainee

reply soon

Pro Member Trainee
henbo Trainee

it doesn't matter about your graphics card. when you r flying go options display graphics and turn advanced animations on

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

You may find this tutorial from our knowledge section helpful:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/38/how-to-use-jetways-pushback-in-fsx/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...