When I select a flight on the Grumman Goose I am told in one instance to fly on a heading until I pick up Baku NBD or another until I pick up Cuban HBD 380
What does this mean
3 Answers
what altitude you at? You might be on a different flight route depending on that altitude.
This instruction is in the preamble to the flight, no altitude specified just to fly on a given heading until i pick up the signal
NDB(Non-Directional Beacon) is a type radio navigation station that the Automatic Direction Finder(ADF) points toward. Each station has a discrete frequency that tunes the ADF to only that station.
➡ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-directional_beacon
Navigating with the ADF
➡ http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/ndb-nav-adf-1.htm
ADF simulator:
➡ http://www.luizmonteiro.com/Learning_ADF_Sim.htm
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain