FSX: Laptop & External H/D Config ...

Pro Member Trainee
Dudds Trainee

Given the limited drive space on my dual-core laptop, I am considering re-installing FSX (and adding FS Global 200😎 on an external, USB drive. Do any 'techies' know whether it will run in this configuration - or will the USB interface impact performance? (I don't know enough about how FSX runs to be able to answer.)

Many thanks.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Is it a powerful pc because if it is not you might not want fs2008 global because it takes a powerful pc to run that scenery.

Pro Member Trainee
Dudds Trainee

Thanks - that'll be worth checking.

For the record, the laptop is an Intel dual-core, 2GHz / 1GB RAM - anyone know whether this will support FS2008 Global?

Pro Member Trainee
FlightSimX Trainee

I'm running FSX with FS Global 2008 and a bunch of other add-ons on an external USB 2.0 450Gb drive on my laptop with a 2Ghz Centrino processor, 1Gb RAM and an nVidia GTX 7800 256Mb video card using a 17" widescreen display (1440x900).

FSX with SP1 is running like a charm with most sliders near maxed out. I'm more than happy with it in this configuration.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...