FSX PROBLEM. PLEASE HELP

Pro Member Trainee
teeybabe Trainee

Hello fellow fsx fans. I have problems with my fsx
1. I got a new laptop so I had to copy fsx into an external hdd to the new laptop.
2. FSX i copied does not display any aircraft and its just blank blue. Including the default aircraft.
3. Exiting fsx, it dispays "a fatal error as occured"
MY system spec.
Pentium dual core, 2.30GHZ, 2GB ram, 500GB hdd.

DOnt know whats wrong. Please help me

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest

You can't just copy the files from one pc to another. You have to install the game properly. Problem is just whether you will be able to activate the game, since you're key is already used for youre old install. Just give it a try and if you can't activate it uninstall the old version and activate by phone.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go to the Sims graphics tab and UNcheck the DX10 box, see if that works.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
teeybabe Trainee

thanks but not working

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

teeybabe wrote:

1. I got a new laptop so I had to copy fsx into an external hdd to the new laptop.

Very confusing that. You can't just copy the sim from one HDD to another.

If you want to run the sim off your external HDD, you have to install it properly. During installation you may have to point the installer to your external HDD.

Pro Member Trainee
Tom Kilpatrick (Tom12) Trainee

Hi there.

You cannot just 'copy' the files over to a HDD external drive or the such, as it is not know as a portable application and the pure fact that it is 25Gb. I highly suggest deleting it off your HDD, then re-installing it onto your new laptop.

Thanks,
Tom.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...