jerky images

Pro Member Trainee
aljo10 Trainee

I cannot get smooth graphics in FSX (jerky movements) especially with big jets. (Smaller aircraft such as the Cesna 152 are better)

My system is as follows:-

AMD4200 dual processor; Asus A8N -SLI motherboard: Asus EN8800GTX graphics card; 2 Gb RAM; 1 x 250Gb and 1 x 200Gb SATA HDs. Win XP

Any suggestions/ideas would be welcome

Thanks

Alan 😞 😞 😞

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

you might have your frame rate lock set to high or unlimited try moving it to 20 fps or 12 and welcome to Flyaway 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

aljo10 wrote:

I cannot get smooth graphics in FSX (jerky movements) especially with big jets. (Smaller aircraft such as the Cesna 152 are better)

AMD4200 dual processor; Asus A8N -SLI motherboard: Asus EN8800GTX graphics card; 2 Gb RAM; 1 x 250Gb and 1 x 200Gb SATA HDs. Win XP

Thanks

Alan 😞 😞 😞

There are endless tweaks but the easiest and most effective for me is turning down detail radius from large to medium. Also turn down autogen as much as you can. I have a high end system but still use "normal." Also turning down the number of cars on the street helps as well as air traffic.

Pro Member Trainee
aljo10 Trainee

thanks to you both for the suggestions. willl give it a go and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Aljo10

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

aljo10 wrote:

Thanks

Alan 😞 😞 😞

Oh yeah and do you have SP1 installed? If no then install it.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

What is your powersupply?

Pro Member Trainee
aljo10 Trainee

yes SP1 is installed

Pro Member Trainee
aljo10 Trainee

hi fellow fliers

have now managed to get a reasonably smooth program by adjusting the settings you all suggested. many thanks

FSx is a greedy graphics programme. Never come across one like it b4!!

I ran FS2004 at the maximum settings on my 8800 card and never had a jitter!

tks agn. 73s

Aljo10

Pro Member Trainee
aljo10 Trainee

😕 Hi guys

I did a bit more digging around and discovered that my version of System X was flawed. I down loaded the latest version from Microsoft. result an amazing performance improvement in FSX

cheers

aljo10

Pro Member Trainee
Splitdog Trainee

What do you mean, system X?

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

Hi, you asked Karlw about frame rate. Do you change this on the program or in your computer settings? If it is computer settings, where do I go? Thanks, Paul

Pro Member Trainee
viper040 Trainee

aljo10 wrote:

hi fellow fliers

have now managed to get a reasonably smooth program by adjusting the settings you all suggested. many thanks

FSx is a greedy graphics programme. Never come across one like it b4!!

I ran FS2004 at the maximum settings on my 8800 card and never had a jitter!

tks agn. 73s

Aljo10

Sorry I saw this post and wanted to say, I ran FS2004 maxed out with a Nvidia 6600AGP Stock with 1 GB RAM and an amd 3500+ stock 2.2ghz with no jitters

Pro Member Trainee
freddo Trainee

aljo10 wrote:

Thanks

Alan 😞 😞 😞

I have recently purchased a 8800GTX as well and still have issues with the frame rate. After some digging around and reading other posts on this forum i have decided to upgrade my processor to the Core 2 Quad (Q6600) which I plan to overclock. As i understand it, the quad core capability (which in this chip is basically 2 x 2.4GHz Core 2 6600's) will help with frame rates at even the busiest airports when its overclocked to about 3GHz. I have read reviews that have found the Q6600 to be stable at about 3.4GHz overclocked (but this depends on your motherboard and also your cooling - it will get really hot).

Since i would no doubt screw it up if i tried to achieve this myself i have found a very good article to help me:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2007/07/25/overclocking_intel_core_2_quad_q6600/1

Oh i am also getting all this equipment tomorrow. After i set it up i will test it all and post the results if anyone is interested. I also have in my office an Apple Cinema 24" screen which can achieve 1920 x 1200. From what i have seen on Tom's, the 8800GTX should be able t handle this suitably...lets see.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...