How do you make cockpit gauges on Harrier jet work?

Pro Member Trainee
serafin42 Trainee

Just installed Harrier GR.7 by Adam K. Preece everything works but I have no gauges in cockpit. I followed his instructions and copied the autosmoke and hja folders to FSX gauge folder but the gauges dont appear. any help would be appreciated. Thanks serafin42

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have to put the contents of the downloaded gauge folder into the main gauge folder.
Also put another gauge folder into the folder that you put into the aircraft folder.
Leave it with the cfg, panel, textures etc.
Having it in two places is OK.
All you have to do is unzip the download twice.

It's easier than copying them.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

lol sounds more complicated 😂 . i just install plane in main aircraft folder and copy all files to where necessary 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Steve Brown (skyewalker) Trainee

Hi I've followed all the advice both here and in the 'readme' files re loading these. But still don't get any gauges in the 'virtual cockpit' view. Is this the norm or is there something else I should do. Running FSX with SP2 on a 32 bit AMD 64 processor.

The plane is incredible and so easy to fly. I got it hovering and landing on water on the very first flight. Pop up from a valley then raise flaps and within seconds you are doing 400 knots forwards. Fanfuckingtastic!!

Thanks in anticipation.
Steve

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

If we had a download link to it, then maybe we can help as well.

Pro Member Trainee
Steve Brown (skyewalker) Trainee

Sorry its
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1363/fsx-mcdonnell-douglas-av8b-harrier-gr7-1f-squadron/

FSX McDonnell Douglas AV8B Harrier GR.7- 1(F) Squadron

Popular
Version:
Compatibility: Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Filesize: 8.87 MB
Added on: Nov-04-2006
Downloads: 6588
Rating: 7.25 (63 Votes)

I note there is an update 3 also on site
FSX McDonnell Douglas AV8B Harrier GR.7- 1(F) Squadron Update 3 Popular

Would this update and improve?

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

skyewalker wrote:

I note there is an update 3 also on site
FSX McDonnell Douglas AV8B Harrier GR.7- 1(F) Squadron Update 3 Popular

Would this update and improve?

If it's the same aircraft as above then, yes the update is better, but it might not help your peoblem.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...