Instrument checkride - always fail on touch down

Pro Member Trainee
reinasofia Trainee

I have gone through the instrument checkride so many times now, I can run the whole flight without a making a single error, but on landing the instructor tells that the plane has crashed. I have tried landing with nav on auto pilot and it still fails me, so I know that it is not the alignment. Before crossing 300f I reduce from 90 knots to 80 (flaps out one position). With the RPM at 1800, I brought it down gently leveling out, removing the throttle and floating down with the nose raised 10 degrees, touch down at 48knots or less. Has anybody managed to pass this? (FS X) Please help as I am really stuck on this. 😞

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Well this shoudn't be the case! Incase ur following instructions u should come down safely.
If you're so confident why dont you try a landing in free flight option?

Pro Member Trainee
reinasofia Trainee

Still stuck on the instrument check ride landing. I have landed in free flight mode without a problem. When I practice Rod's ILS lesson he continues to say descend at 500fpm when I have already touched down. If I try to put the flaps at 20 or 30 degress he tells me off as well. So I presume I am supposed to land with flaps at 10 degrees, rpm at 1800, 80 KIAS descending. I am not sure how inportant the touch down speed is, maybe I am floating too long?

Has anybody out there completed the instrument check ride?

Crying or Very sad

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Well it differs from aircraft to aircraft 80 knots should be fine with cessana but in jumbos I generally maintain around 150-160 knots. This is just before touchdown at 5 miles out. However the idea is you should avoid speeding. Please refer to the kneeboard in the aircraft ur flying to know about the landing speed.

Cheers

Pro Member Trainee
reinasofia Trainee

I am beginning to wonder if I always crash on the Instrument check ride landing due to a bug. I gave up on it and moved on to the the next section for comercial pilot. In the first lesson it tells you to press CRTL - i when ready to go and that does not work. In the second lesson for a short runway take off, the beachcraft baron is to the left of the runway on the grass. If I try to move onto the runway before the take off, Rod tells me to get back onto the runway (which is actually the grass) ! I have FSX running on Vista 64 with FSX SP1.

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Please let us know about your gfx card as well. Then somebody could give you a more appropriate answer.

Pro Member Trainee
reinasofia Trainee

GEFORCE 7600GT, Dual core E6300, 2Gig Ram. I managed to get the CRTL - i working, it is actually a special symbol on the Spanish keyboard, an i with an accent.

Pro Member Trainee
Hugus78 Trainee

Hi! I don't know why is that happening to you! Some times it happens to me on others lessons when I land before do something that is needed or on wrong runway. Anyway, on the same check ride I need some help because I didn't get so far. I always fail to get on holding pattern. I climb to 3000 feet cross the SEA VOR on 140 heading and turn right to the heading of 339 that is the pattern on the chart. Then I receive the fail message. Can anybody help me to get on the holding pattern right? Thanks

Pro Member Trainee
Hugus78 Trainee

In relation to the "CRTL - i" in Portuguese keyboard when is necessary to do "CRTL + ]" I use "CRTL + ' ".

Pro Member Trainee
reinasofia Trainee

You have probably found the answer by now, but in case you have not here goes. Set your OBS to 155 after turning left from VOR. NOLLA? Make sure you hit 160 first, at this point you will given more instructions, now you can intercept the vor at 155. You need to do a parralell entry into the holding pattern. Once you have crossed the VOR, stay on 155 course for 20 seconds and then turn left to 140. Set heading to 140 and stay on it for 60 - 70 seconds. Mean while reconfigure OBS to 320. Turn left and intercept 320 on VOR, The moment you are directly over the VOR, turn right at a 20 degrees angle and turn to 140, then hold for 1 minute, turn right and intercept VOR agan at 320, cross vor at 320. Thats it. Good Luck!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...