Flight Simulator X Sound issue

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

Hello everyone,

I'm having a strange problem with Flight Simulator X.
My sound is starting to act strange whenever it needs to play a lot of sounds at the same time, for example in the 4 engine 747. It keeps on playing sound but I can only hear half of the sounds.

When I press Q twice to turn the sound off and on, it works for like 5 seconds, and then random sounds just dissapear again...

It's quite alright in the 737 or smaller planes because I guess they don't play as many sounds at the same time.

My system:
Windows Vista Business 32bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
4096 MB Ram
Asus EN8800GTX
Creative Audigy 4 (Also tried onboard, same result)

Does anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone have a solution?
I hope anyone can help 🙂

Thanks in advantage,
Zeemon

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I guess the natural response is: are your sound card drivers up to date?

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

faust1200 wrote:

I guess the natural response is: are your sound card drivers up to date?

Yup, creative's are the latest.

But I don't think it's a sound driver issue, as the problem occurs at both the Audigy 4 as on the Onboard Realtek soundcard... 😞

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

No-one any ideas? 😞

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

You could have a look at the sound tab in the settings menu, and see if any settings there look like they might cause this. Perhaps try lowering the sound qaulity a bit.

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

mossy wrote:

You could have a look at the sound tab in the settings menu, and see if any settings there look like they might cause this. Perhaps try lowering the sound qaulity a bit.

Hmmm, I can't find any sound quality options, just volume bars 😳
Where can i find the quality settings?

Thanks for your reply 🙂
Zeemon

Pro Member Trainee
Chris Petit (cjpetit) Trainee

I had the same problem. Whenever there was an ATC voice, or I extended flaps, I got a loud hissing until I cycled the Q button. The problem was a DirectX acceleration issue. I followed the steps in the Microsoft troubleshooting guide (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812394),
turned down the hardware acceleration, and the problem cleared.

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

Hmmm, thanks 🙂 i'll try that...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...