FS9 Wind Sound Configuration HELP!

Joe Noble Guest

Hi all,

I am using FS2004 and have a problem with the wind sound. In the sound.cfg file under the wind sound section I have specified the minimum speed as 300 and the maximum speed as 400 (I assume the mentioned speed is in KTAS). However when running FS the wind sound actually starts at around 225KTAS, I thought the wind sound shouldn't be heard until the aircraft reaches 300KTAS or above as specified in the sound.cfg file.

Also as the aircraft climbs the wind sound seems to drop off (gets quieter and slower playback rate) this usually occurs ar around 37,000ft and above. Is the wind sound supossed to effected by altitude as well?

Am I doing something wrong or is the min/max speed setting for wind sound in the sound.cfg folder measured in something other than Knots?

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Cheers
Joe

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...