Here's my Beef

Pro Member Trainee
Stuart_C Trainee

Hey guys just thought I'd post here as an experiment to see just how many people are the complete and utter idiots i've just encountered.

I am new to the game in the sense that I haven't played it much, especially online due to the "leetist" players out there.

I joined a game earlier only to be told to contact ATC before moving in order that I could take off. Here is/are my problems

1) I don't understand the lingo let alone know what to say.

So anyway after spawning by mistake on the active runway I decide to roll off the runway to make way - bam I get booted straight away.

So I rejoin and this time I'm not on the runway, the ATC tries to contact me but the guys mic is so crap its like listening to a remington leg shaver buzzing in my ear. I type in the chat window asking for his freq no response, so I ask politely on the voice comms for the frequency - BAM booted again.

My question is, why are there so many people like this, so stuck up about their role in a game that they feel the need to vent their frustrations on others ?

I can fly in this game and I can land not all that well but I can do it (I've seen a lot worse) Is it too much to ask for maybe someone to show some tolerance and perhaps show me the ropes ?

Just prior to this I had asked to add a guy to friends which he agreed to, I then tried to private message the chap but he then just declined all my attempts.

People in this game are so superficial is there anyone out there playing the multiplayer of this game who's actually "normal" ?

Sorry for the rant but I just had to get this off my chest I just want to play, learn and enjoy the game

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Unfortunately there are too many "kids" "playing" this Sim.
Try www.vatsim.net and see if that's some help. The ATC guys a quite nice.

As for the lingo, http://www.flyer.co.uk/morse.php print it out and keep it handy.

Good luck.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptCrash Trainee

AMEN BROTHER!!!! Clap
...I'll tell you right now... You need to repost this at the head of the line!
I go through this all the time...It's like," Dude, gimme a chance to try and contact you before you boot me off, Damn!" Evil or Very Mad
I'm like you, bro,...I've still got alot to learn. I just want to Fly and learn from the other pilots.

Last edited by CaptCrash on Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

This is why I fly only on Simgameit servers. 😀

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Ok here is the thing before you join a server check the description. Some of them say pro pilots only etc etc. Now if you want to practice etc I know you probably tried this but try getting a new mic and saying hey I am new and could use some help. We here could tell you a little bit about the lingo and then it will come. Also try and see if you could find some aviation clips that have talking in them: www.flightlevel350.com
As for the lingo what exactly are you not getting everything? Here is a little something you should know when talking with atc. I have noticed that on multiplayer on fsx atc arent exactly pro espically when they say hey you there etc etc. Anyway You need to always check the freq before contacting the ground/tower etc. When contacting ground you will say w/e your callsign and say what you want to do - literally. Lets say you are N6015F and your at Peachtree Dekalb Airport

Peachtree Ground N6015f at the East Ramp request taxi to the active
-now a note on this you can go more specific or even less to say, now I said east ramp because peachtree dekalb airport has n,e,w etc ramps. Some airports only have one ramp so you would just say ramp. Also when the atc responds make to read back everything he says, I will be on servers when people would just say roger etc, say back everything or you can say WILCO for the little things which means Will Copy.
Also-Peachtree Ground N6015f At East Ramp Taxi to Runway 2R
- now I said that I wanted to taxi to this runway because the ATIS usually says what the active runway is etc. Now if you want me to continue helping you out with the lingo go ahead and pm me so I dont have to type pages to ya.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

yes do what emerald said, thats an excellent way. Also go ahead and pm me, or xfire me or email me: kinglsl@bellsouth.net I would love to help you out.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Yeah you can xfire me (razgr1z912) or MSN (masterduncan912@msn.com) and ill go ahead and show you the proper landing stuff, takeoff, and ATC "language". Tell me what plane you're gonna be flying.

Pro Member Captain

Obviously, none of you guys have a clue to what I am talking about.....

How in the Hell can you contact the tower when they boot you BEFORE you make contact with them??? There have been a few occasions where I ACTUALLY MOVED my aircraft (pause>map> move aircraft) to the parking area or gates and STILL get kicked!!!!! Evil or Very Mad No ample time for anyone to clear the runway and get proper clearence, and spawning on the parking areas still get you kicked!!!! And to make this into a TRUE bitching session, REAL PILOTS land on the TOUCHDOWN markers, not on the WARNING markers, where aircrafts actually spawns on.

So I no longer fly on public servers. Only on Simgameit.......

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I am not sure what server you were on, and I dont think you have tried more than lets say 5 serers, I dont think you can say that each one got you kicked. Now as far as I know you followed the rules. I am guessing you read the description and you spawned where you needed to spawn. Simgameit is a nice server I remember when it was a military missions which was alot of fun.

Pro Member Captain

emerald_flag wrote:

dont spawn on the runway then and tell the tower in a text u just going to listen to learn

DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST??? Evil or Very Mad

This is the type of crap I am talking about.....

Look guy...

Typing doesn't help, because you have to be IN THE SESSION TO MAKE CONTACT WITH ATC!!!!!!! MOVING OR SPAWNING EITHER AT THE GATES OR THE PARKING AREA STILL GET YOU KICK!!!!!

Look, you may have made some friends in what ever server you get on, so they may give you some sort of break if your aircraft accidently spawns of the runway (smart hosts have you spawn in the air anyway). It's okay....however, for guys like myself who rarely fly in those servers gets booted (maybe for the lack of knowledge), but for those who knows how to place their aircrafts at gates, again... like myself, still get the boot.

Personally, I don't care anymore.....I found my server to fly in. I am just letting you all know that you have wanna-be ATC Gods kicking people out of sessions. And that isn't what the makers of FSX intended it to be.

Pro Member Trainee
shylock (scottyboy39) Trainee

I dont know dude maybe its your attitude that your showing to members here that are only trying to help you out.I know for one when im in mid flight and I get hit with a friend request just so a guy can ask me a question I end up crashing out because of this.Use some commons sense.If you had this problem then dont go back into that room.If the guy is being a Dhead then hes not going to be mother theresa once you go back in.There are plenty of rooms on there to go in.If it says pro atc then dont go in if your intimidated.When you fly off line listen to atc when you request everything and just go from there.It seems hard at first but you'll pick it up.

But making rude comments to the members here isnt cool and I see you have been on here for awhile now and arent a newb to the forum.But to answer your question they do it because they are A holes who think since they have the server up they are king.

I hate when we have a server up for our practice and a guy comes in either flying around full after bruner smoke on pulling 25G'S everywhere or comes in with a 747 and gets mad when we ask him to keep a free 5 mile airspace.Which is why now we have made practice sessions closed.

Pro Member Captain

Here we go again.... 🙄

I KNOW how to spawn at the gates.....
I KNOW how to contact ATC.......

HOWEVER I DON'T LIKE GETTING KICKED FOR SPAWNING AT THE GATES!!!!!

I swear I mentioned that about 3 times already!!!!

But thats neither here or there.....I found my server to fly in and I am sure that others are doing the same. So hosting a sever is nice....good for you. But being a dick for kicking people is going to get you flying by yourself.

Pro Member Trainee

If you dnt mind me stealing a line from you "Did you even read our posts" we havent mentioned about how to spawn and where to spawn.Sounds like you need a hugg or some prozac.Stop with the roid rage 😀 😉 😛

Pro Member First Officer

GundamWZero wrote:

Here we go again.... 🙄

But thats neither here or there.....I found my server to fly in and I am sure that others are doing the same. So hosting a sever is nice....good for you. But being a dick for kicking people is going to get you flying by yourself.

Just ignore emerald_fag. He thinks he knows it all.

Pro Member First Officer

emerald_flag wrote:

Razgr1z912 wrote:

GundamWZero wrote:

Here we go again.... 🙄

Just ignore emerald_fag. He thinks he knows it all.

dont even get me started with why people dont like you

Half of flyaway... Scratch that.. ⅞ of the flyaway community hate you. You're always a jerk to people. I hope you fly away.

Pro Member First Officer

emerald_flag wrote:

thats coming from a person

who just keeps making lame VA's and trying to copy other peoples military groups in fsx

shut up Censored 11 year old

Ok. Thats all you have to say? Oh and your really good at age.

Trivia.

If I was 30 when I joined flyaway..
And I've been here for 3 years, how old am i? (Hmm since this is hard for you, the answer is 33)

How old am I?

Pro Member First Officer

emerald_flag wrote:

your like 11

Thats all you STILL have to say. Just stop posting and get a girlfriend.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

emerald_flag: Settle down!!!!

This is not open for discussion.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

How about a lock this thread leads to bad things

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...