Why do threads here differ in maximum length so much?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Hey everyone,

I've been wondering about this for the past couple of weeks, and so have finally decided to ask here. Now, here's my question:

Why do the length of flyaway threads differ in length so much. For example, have a look at this thread here:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/14528/finding-flight-simulator-passengers-fsp/

Now take a look at the 2nd page of my 'Making a Kiwi fly' thread, and notice how different in sizes the page lengths are:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/12813/making-kiwi-fly-from-00-hours-to-first-solo/

I know that mine has very long posts, but shouldn't they be transferred over to start a new page? It takes almost 6 seconds to scroll down the whole page! 😂

Thanks for any answers,
Jarred.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

The forum script only allows a certain amount of posts per page, regardless of the length of each post. For example, 10 long posts or 10 short posts, only 10 posts would be displayed on the page.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yes, I think its 15 posts per page. I must say, it has never really bothered me 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When you come to a thread if you want to see the latest post:
Click on the orange leaf that told you when you saw it that there was a new post and that will take you to the latest post without scrolling through all of them.
I hope I made myself clear.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Yes, i noticed that. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Cool, I never realised you could do that 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Ah I see, thanks for your answers guys! 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...