My Logbook Quit

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

I don't know why, but for some reason my last several flights have not been recorded in my logbook. Anyone have any ideas why?
Thanks in advance ... Art Dont Know

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

I had a problem with my logs stopping a few years ago with FS9, and sent a problem report to Microsoft. Here is their reply:

Let me take this opportunity to address this issue.

First of all I would like to inform you that the Logbook entry is made only for the first time, after which the entries need to be made manually. We have been able to replicate this issue from our end and have also forwarded this to our Management Team for review.

Hopefully this issue should be resolved in the next version of the game. In the meantime you can enter the logbook readings manually.

To do so please follow the steps as mentioned below:
1. Start a flight.
2. Click on ALT button to get the game menu
3. Click on Options and Logbook
4. Click on Add Entry and then enter the readings

However if you are not encountering the prompt to enter the readings while exiting then ensure that you meet the following requirements:

1. Only flights, which take more than 6 minutes of flying, throw this prompt.
2. Ensure that the option `Prompt on Exit' is check marked. To do so click on Settings and then the General button

Furthermore, I have forwarded the issue related to the logbook to the Product team. Thank you for bringing this issue to our notice. We are always keen to have views and comments from our customers. It's a vitally important way of improving and developing our products and services.

If you are, like me and others, still using FS9, you will most likely have to use the manual method. If you are on FSX, you may want to send a PR to Microsoft. I do not recall seeing any report of this occuring in FSX.

Pro Member First Officer

Thank you FHeselton for the quick reply. I'm using FSX and have hundreds of flights in my logbook. Maybe someone else can assist me.
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Delete it and FSX should create a new one.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thank you RM. Your solution worked. I did not delete the logbook file, just moved it to the desktop. Now I have a new logbook in FSX which works. 🍻 The question now is what do I do with the "bin" file on my desktop? There does not seem to be a way to open it. Is there a program that will allow me to open the old logbook in text format that I can save for my own records? Notebook won't do it. Any advice would be appreciated since I would like to retain my original logbook in a "readable" format.
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

Thanks again RM. I downloaded "fsxlogrecovery11", installed it, ran it, and it worked perfectly. My logbook is now back to normal and I didn't loose a thing. You are indeed an angel of mercy. How in the heck do you know where to find all this stuff? Group Wave
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

effieveda wrote:

Thanks again RM. I downloaded "fsxlogrecovery11", installed it, ran it, and it worked perfectly. My logbook is now back to normal and I didn't loose a thing. You are indeed an angel of mercy. How in the heck do you know where to find all this stuff? Group Wave
Best regards ... Art

😂 That's my job, too bad I can't get paid for it. 🙄

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...