Acceleration & .cfg file / nVidia Changes ????

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello fellow simmers,
YES, I know it's early inception of Acceleration..............
Mine loaded without a hitch last week.............
NOW that I've had time to sim with Acceleration, I'm having some issues that need working on....

I have found on my system, DX10 does not work well (terrible) with Trilinear settings.......................as I used VERY WELL in FSX SP1 -
With my "previous settings", I have the shimmers like crazy and the fps's have dropped................................I MUST go to Ani settings in config and turn on anti....and then I get real good display...........................

I've also had to tweak my nVidia 8800GTS settings ........................

I KNOW we all will have to do some more tweaking as with FSX and GPU settings.......ok.......................

ALSO, does any of you hi-tech/guru's KNOW IF Acceleration changed the FSX.cfg file..................I haven't had time to disect yet..............?????

What I do know............my graphics with Acceleration and DX10 activated are "better" - my fps's have taken a small hit with same slider settings as before............................................

IF I use the "default / reset" sliders, geeze, graphics are just crap and shimmers are horendeous.

IF I use my previous Slider Config, with minor changes in setup (Ani etc), rest same as to percentage of slider percentages (all at about 75%) AND DX10 Activated..........................I'm getting very good results..............

IF I fire up UTX and xGraphics, getting good results and fps's are very high again..................

Rambling stops here - I KNOW from observation so far, about a week now and about 10 hours of use, Acceleration has "changed" something........either the fsx.cfg / - I JUST would like to know.......

Thanks and sorry for the rambling..............

cthiggin

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

So I take it you found the DX10 button..... 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Sure did - and sorry for not thanking you earlier.......................

Can you uninstall JUST Acceleration and not FSX ?????
Don't see it by itself in control panel..........

I'm really starting to have some issues - like progressive taxi not working / panel VC lights not working...........................

AND, I haven't tweaked anything - NOTHING -

Just want to uninstall Acceleration and reinstall..................

I would appreciate it if you know how it can be done.......................

thanks,
cthiggin

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I don't think so. I believe since SP2 is included in the Pack, Acceleration is woven into the software; once you install Acceleration into FSX, it is a done deal. It will make everything FSX: Acceleration......quite a neat trap for those who might want to drop it.

You will have to delete EVERYTHING and reinstall FSX. Now I disabled DX10 and got my textures back for my 2004 and FS9 aircraft, you might find the same results as far as progressive taxing. Turn it off and see what happens. 😀

Pro Member First Officer

GundamWZero
Did a restore to the point where Acceleration was installed.............it did NOT remove it and evidently leaves some residuals.................Acceleration Logo still shows up in FSX, DX10 Preview is still there, but does not function..................................
I replaced my fsx.cfg with the one I have used very successfully for many months now - and I'm about 95% back to where I was..........

BUT, I still want Acceleration to work properly...................if it's a nVidia Driver, OK, I'll wait.................like we did for SP1............................

Again, I know it's early on with Acceleration, BUT, are the issues with DX10, Acceleration, or BOTH - that may need tweaking for patches????

Thanks for your interest and replies.

cthiggin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...