FS2004 won't go beyond splash screen

Pro Member Trainee
Phoebe Trainee

Suddenly, for no apparent reason when I try to start fs2004 the splash screen appears for a few seconds then goes away. I have tried all the fixes at Microsoft Support with no luck. The same thing started happenning to Tiger Woods PGA 2007 at the same time.

I've scanned for viruses, removed and reinstalled the game and it just won't work.

Please help.... I'm desperate.

Thank you all for any help.

Phoebe

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

what is your computer system stats and operating system?

Pro Member Trainee
Phoebe Trainee

Athlon XP3200, 2.19 GHz, 1.00 Gig of Ram. Samsung SP 1604N HD. Radeon 9800 Pro. Windows XP Professional.

Hope this helps and thanks.

Pro Member Trainee
Phoebe Trainee

Bump.....

Anybody?

Am I the only one?

Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

Hmm strange that your Tiger Woods also crashed. Must be Video Card driver related.... or Direct X or something along those lines has gotten corrupted.

I wonder if there is a utility that will tell you at what point the programme crashes. Failing that.

Format the lot, and re-install the whole OS again.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm with airhead on that.

First make sure you have the latest update to XP pro (SP1)

Check Directx, there are updates there too should be 9.0c + special updates for that...

Check the ATI drivers for updates... if after all three of those... then check the games themselves...

Is this happening after you first install the games? Or have you had the games a good while then acting up?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

That once happened to me but only with FS2004. I got it fixed by completely uninstalling it 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Phoebe Trainee

Thank you very much!

Something must have been corrupted. I reinstalled Windows, reloaded the games, and all seems to be well (fingers crossed).

Much appreciate the help!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sweet Phoebe... glad you got it fixed! Can't wait to see your flight pix!

Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

belgeode wrote:

Sweet Phoebe... glad you got it fixed! Can't wait to see your flight pix!

Yes, thats excellent news! sometimes when things go really pear shaped like that, the only "fix" is to do a full clean re-install of the OS.

Glad it worked for you, and your back in the virtual skies...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...