FSroads UK and Ireland crash to windows

Pro Member Trainee
Snoopy104 Trainee

Hi,

I have a problem with the FSroads UK and Ireland add-on for FS2004.
When I select a plane and UK airfield and click 'Go Fly' the load bar gets to around 60% and then FS2004 crashes to Windows??

It allows me to fly from non-UK airports, but as soon as I approach UK airspace, it crashes to Windows..

It allows me to fly in the UK at night or dusk, just not in the daytime or at dawn? I really can't make out the roads at night, what I think are roads are more like intermittent yellow streaks.

If I turn the pack off in settings/scenery and restart FS2004 I am able to fly from UK airports in the day again, but without the roads.

I bought the FSroads pack from simmarket and I have been to the support forum at fsroads, So far it appears that the Scenery and Texture files are OK. Marco at FSroads is looking into it, but so far everything seems ok with it. I was wondering whether anyone has had a similar experience and whether they were able to solve it?

Does anyone else know of another reason why it might be crashing?

I am running FS2004 V9.1, I have tried the FSroads mod before and after the update to version 9.1 and the same problem occurs.

I have no other add-on packs installed whatsoever, just the basic sim.

Also, I bought my copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 from the United States. Are there any differences between U.S. and UK versions that could be causing problems perhaps?

My System specs:

AMD AthlonXP 2200+ (1.8GHz)
Crucial 512mb DDR PC2700 (333MHz)
Abit NF7-S V2.0 Motherboard (Nforce2)
HDD#1: Seagate Barracuda 120GB Serial ATA (60Gb free space)
HDD#2: Seagate Barracuda 80GB Serial ATA (20Gb free space)
Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4200 128mb DDR 8xAGP
Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital
Microsoft Windows XP Professional + Service pack 1
All latest Hardware Drivers
DirectX 9.0c

Thanks.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 The fsroads link is u/s
However I have found that there is a patch for you here ➡

Let us know how you get on

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Embarassed Should have read the whole message 🙄

Is that the patch you mention?

Pro Member Trainee
Snoopy104 Trainee

Thanks for the reply,

I tried that file, but it didn't make any difference.

I also installed the Tahiti scenery pack from this website last night and It does exactly the same thing as the roads pack, except, I can't fly from any world airport during the day without it crashing to windows, only at night, which works fine??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They have a help forum, try there and see if it's a common problem.

Good luck.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...