Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Planning a route

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainEz Trainee

Is there a way to calculate flight time and distance in flight planner before getting to the gate and realizing Oh snap i plotted a route thats too long

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

Just take a rough guess, i usually fly from ORD-MCO and that's about two hours, measure that distance, and then measure your planned distance to get a ball park estimate.

😉

Flyboy92

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Flyboy92 wrote:

i usually fly from ORD-MCO Flyboy92

Man, I hate ORD. It's impossible to get a take off clearance. I tried to make a flight from ORD to DTW, I waited for 30 minutes, first in line for take off, and I couldn't get the clearance. Planes just kept coming in. Twisted Evil

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CaptainEz wrote:

Is there a way to calculate flight time and distance in flight planner before getting to the gate and realizing Oh snap i plotted a route thats too long

In Flight Planner you have to click on 'Find Route' and then on 'NavLog...'

😎

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainEz Trainee

Thanks Guys for the help it's alot easier to flight plan when u know distance of travel with the time restraints i have for the hobby i love

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

You can get anywhere in the eastern and central US from anywhere else in the east and central in about 2 hours or much less (example PIT to BOs = 1 1/2 hrs, PIT to FLL = 2 hrs, etc)

West coast from east coast add a couple hours. If you allot about 2 hours flight time and you are in the east coast you should be good.