Overland repaint help...

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

Call me stupid but I cant find any instructions for the overland repaint kits anywhere..

I have the layered images in photoshop but what do I do with them after that?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Colin Reece (Col7777) First Officer

If you can't find a blank pain kit you may have to download ready done paint and clean it off, if you do remember to save it after you've cleaned it for future use.

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

it comes with a blank template for photo shop but i am not sure what to do with it after i have painted it.

the fuse template looks like this

there are also a few for ther parts as well

But there is no readme or anything to say what to do after you have done the paint.

Pro Member First Officer

OK, you have a blank to start with, you say you have Photo Shop, then you need to open the file in there and begin.
I don't have PS so I can't help much further but try here, it is a great site for info and plenty of help:

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/

I have recently joined, I read a lot of the posts and found a good few tips that helped me.

Col.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

If there are layers already you need to isolate the paint layer (it should be marked) and paint on that layer. do whatever you are trying to do there, then save it. DO not mess with the layer that has the skin rivets and windows!

Photoshop is perfect for this.

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

I know how to paint in the template..

Its what the hell to do with the template afterwards???

Other textures I have seen broken up into 3 pieces for each side of the fuse..

This is my 2nd try at Repaints and i feel i should leave it to people who can do it...

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

Ok Finally I am getting somwhere..

I replaced one section of an existing file with blue bg and white splodge

Looks like i am slowly on my way now..

Pro Member First Officer

Pappy, was the original aircraft paint the rear part with the yellow logo and you have replaced the front section or the other way round?

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

The original Vietnam livery is one of Overland's deafult's

I just used the original texture files to match up the new ones on top..

I will start on a simple reallivery now

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

Switched to the 747 paintkit and had a bit of fun..

Not totaly aligned by any means but its progress 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

You are making progress... but no comment on the hello kitty... ugh.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...