my computer is critacly corrupted need help!!!!!!

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ok last night i was running programs that i downloaded to play WoW alone and i read the comments (all 1343) it was fine i downloaded it and ran it a little trouble then i got it working messed around then and whenever i launched the server it would open command prompts and start loading then i could connect and i had to turn my computer off fast so i held down the start button for 5 seconds and it turned off then i went to bed.well i woke up and wheni log on it says that a local file might be corrupted so it logs me onto a temporary file so now im running both of my virus programs at full ssearch for viruses i need help to restore my computer back to the way it was!!! and im deleting the files that i think are the cause for all this the server files

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

Well I dont think this one is possible, but there is a program called "registrry mechanic" basicaly what it does is, restores your PC to any dat in the past, uncluding your programs that you too. I had similir situation like that and it fixed it. Toughh what I recomand is, to reformat your whole PC and star a fresh one, I had a virus 2 days ago, yesterday I reformaated and now my PC works pretty good. 😉

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

will this program delete all o fmy files like itunes, msfs, WoW, and like everything else?

so my options are

lose everything and get my computer fixed

or

i dont lose anything and my computer still corrupt?

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

also i turned my computer on and the same thing happened.

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

I know this sounds cheesy, but you shouldn't have been playing WoW in the first place 😞

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ok... lets get back on topic so are there any other tools i can fix my computer with that are free?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I don't think he CAN pay... he's not an adult.

But be that as you may, Ace, try a reinstall if you have to. In future never download 3rd party programs.

There are a lot of programs out there for WoW that are not "kosher".

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

there are a few freeware/shareware anti-virus programs out there.
they may not be the best thing in the world but worth a shot. download one on a clean computer and try installing from a cd or a floppy, depending on what you have.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Try system restore in the help and support section in your computer!

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ok system restore will it delete EVERYTHING but the O/S . is that true?

BTW
for you guys that hate WoW think about it

you guys are 30+ and still playing video games

im 12 playing video games

common...

(no offense to anyone)

Pro Member Chief Captain

hahhha touche Ace... but the videogames I have played didn't crash my computer haha 😉

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Hi acepilot32, or you could restore your system to a date before you downloaded the corrupt WoW files, and you should still have most of your original files! Periodically Windows will automatically create a restore point, so you could choose a date before your problem occured and restore it to then. It worked for me once when i picked up a virus and even a PC guy i know could'nt get rid of it, so i just said it's worth a try so i picked a point two weeks previous and it worked! It restored my PC to a point and condition before the virus occured. Apparantly the PC guy said it should'nt have worked but it did, so it's worth a try!

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ok it wasnt the game itself i was downloading 3rd party apps. like bell said and me and my bro resolved this problem because it had something to do with the internet.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry my brothers, I can't let this one go. ROFL

A computer cannot become corrupted because corruption is a trait exclusive to humans.

Pro Member Chief Captain

hahahhahaha.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...