Ariane design 737ER

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

Hi i have recently bought the 737 900ER for FSX from http://www.arianedesign.com/ I am a little disappointed in that it has been 4 days now since i got my dvd. you still have to activate the product on-line which is done manually by ARIANE , you have to wait until they send you an email back with the activation code. They say this can take up to 2 days it has been 4 days for me and still nothing. I sent them a email asking where is it.

Has anyone else bought this plane and flying it. Is it worth the high price.
£50 for the standard version and £70 for the PRO version. I know the
price will put alot of people off but i was looking for a good 737 for FSX
You can only activate it once so if you need to reinstall FSX you lost the 737 you bought, I thought the dvd version would have it's own product key like other addons i have bought.

Answers 27 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The reason why nobody has replied to your post yet is I guess because hardly anyone buys the Ariane products.
I do not wish to be the harbinger of bad news, but about a year ago or so, the Ariane debate was red hot all over the flightsim forums.
I have never owned any of the Ariane products due to what I read back then. Maybe a little bit of googling will either ease your mind ... or have the opposite effect.
Good luck 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

Hi It has been 5 days now and still not got the plane activated.
Ariane have always replyed to my emails and have told me that they have not recieved my activation request, i do not know if it is vista that is the problem. I turn off firewall when i sent request but still nothing.
If i can not get this plane flying by the end of next week i am sending it back for a refund.

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

i wouldve sent it back yesterday. theres better 737 payware out there im sure then that,and not being able to reload it if something happens to your fsx and you need to reload the a/c screw that i would send it back and im sure one of these super people here on flyaway will help point you to a good payware737....goodluck

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

The reason why nobody has replied to your post yet is I guess because hardly anyone buys the Ariane products.
I do not wish to be the harbinger of bad news, but about a year ago or so, the Ariane debate was red hot all over the flightsim forums.
I have never owned any of the Ariane products due to what I read back then. Maybe a little bit of googling will either ease your mind ... or have the opposite effect.
Good luck 🙂

Sorry but I must have missed all that, what happened with Ariane about a year ago or so? I can understand if you don't want to talk about it.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Wow...... 😞

I just bought the 737-900 ER X2 and I am going through the same problem!!!! Its after that I read through some reviews that I wished I haven't bought the damn thing.....since I haven't recieved a response from Ariane, I have began shopping for a crack to unlock this plane.

Sucks.....should have went with PMDG....... 😞

Pro Member Trainee
signmanbob Trainee

I have been purchasing Ariane products for about two years now and they are great. I love them.

No matter what other airliner I purchase (Level D, MD11 & 757-400 by PMDG, Maddog, Fokker 70 & 100, PIC737, Super80Pro, etc), I always end up putting a lot of hours on my Ariane 737s. They are quite addictive.
They're many simmers that feel the same way I do and love Ariane Boeings.
All of the more complex sims are getting more expensive. You can't build these cheap anymore. I have got on the PMDG forums and defended the price of their MD11 before. People want realistic sims for the price they pay Abascus. That just don't happen.

Ariane's support has always been good. It is done on a one-to-one basis by email and they will stay with you until the problem is solved. Of course I am always polite with anyone's support team so I tend to get good support from most developers because they always welcome a more pleasant exchange after putting up with a lot of the rudeness that they have to.

I just purchased the new McPhat liveries for my 737-800 and 900 X2 versions for FSX.
These are awesome 737s that work and fly smooth and fantastic.
The products for FS9 are still great and even though I have FSX and use it more, I still use my 737-900 ER and Boeing BBJ and love them.
Due to some characteristics of FS9, the refresh rate is a little slow on the PFD, but it is not a big problem. This is something that is completely remedied in FSX. Those CRTs are as smooth as silk.
Ariane sometimes get a little backlogged on activations, but they will usually get you an activation within a few days.
All of your developers are suffering with the constant battle with piracy. Ariane's activation is a little easier in FSX, but is still similar.

Check your spam folder. Usually if you are not getting your activation it is because it went to your spam folder.

Also I have had to re-activate all of my products from Ariane because I upgraded my computer. They never charge anything for re-activation and did it without any problems.

I feel Ariane has the best 737s available for either FS9 or FSX. It is going to be a long, long time before you see PMDG come out with their new 737, and with Ariane continuing to improve the X2, I doubt if it is going to be better. Their FS9 737 is very mediocre. Even with the FS9 display being a little slow, Ariane's is a much better sim.

I also like Wilco/Feelthere's PIC737, but it is not an NG and the visually model is not proportionate for a -500. It is much too stubby looking.
Ariane's visual models are much more true to the real airplane.

In my opinion, I would buy anything that Ariane released. Especially the FSX products. I am always very happy with their stuff.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

signmanbob wrote:

I have been purchasing Ariane products for about two years now and they are great. I love them.

No matter what other airliner I purchase (Level D, MD11 & 757-400 by PMDG, Maddog, Fokker 70 & 100, PIC737, Super80Pro, etc), I always end up putting a lot of hours on my Ariane 737s. They are quite addictive.
All of the more complex sims are getting more expensive. You can't build these cheap anymore. I have got on the PMDG forums and defended the price of their MD11 before. People want realistic sims for the price they pay Abascus. That just don't happen.

Ariane's support has always been good. It is done on a one-to-one basis by email and they will stay with you until the problem is solved. Of course I am always polite with anyone's support team so I tend to get good support from most developers because they always welcome a more pleasant exchange after putting up with a lot of the rudeness that they have to.

I just purchased the new McPhat liveries for my 737-800 and 900 X2 versions for FSX.
The products for FS9 are still great and even though I have FSX and use it more, I still use my 737-900 ER and Boeing BBJ and love them.
Due to some characteristics of FS9, the refresh rate is a little slow on the PFD, but it is not a big problem. This is something that is completely remedied in FSX. Those CRTs are as smooth as silk.
Ariane sometimes get a little backlogged on activations, but they will usually get you an activation within a few days.
All of your developers are suffering with the constant battle with piracy. Ariane's activation is a little easier in FSX, but is still similar.

Check your spam folder. Usually if you are not getting your activation it is because it went to your spam folder.

Also I have had to re-activate all of my products from Ariane because I upgraded my computer. They never charge anything for re-activation and did it without any problems.

I feel Ariane has the best 737s available for either FS9 or FSX. It is going to be a long, long time before you see PMDG come out with their new 737, and with Ariane continuing to improve the X2, I doubt if it is going to be better. Their FS9 737 is very mediocre. Even with the FS9 display being a little slow, Ariane's is a much better sim.

I also like Wilco/Feelthere's PIC737, but it is not an NG and the visually model is not proportionate for a -500. It is much too stubby looking.

In my opinion, I would buy anything that Ariane released. Especially the FSX products. I am always very happy with their stuff.

Now that's what I call a 360 turn. I guess since your first post (see below) you've gone into partnership with Ariane.

This is your complete, first ever post on this board:

signmanbob wrote:

Don't buy it!
I made the mistake of purchasing this product without reading up on it.
I guess I liked the idea of flying from a 3D cockpit that was suppose to be as sharp as the normal 2D.
I have been trying to get it to work, following their instructions and looking on their support page with no success.
One thing that is exceeding clear from what they write on their website is that they have a terrible attitude toward customer service.
It works, but it is very unstable. The first wrong mouse click or key command and your computer locks up tighter than a drum. Not fun at all.
I believe I will be uninstalling this Ariane poorly written garbage software and chocking it up to experience.
I'm going to try a little more and if I have any success, I will write a retraction, but it don't look to promising.

What will make up for this bad experience is when Airliner XP comes out with their new Airbus 320.
I believe that will be the add-on that surpasses all to date and I have been keeping up a lot on that one.

http://www.airlinerxp.com/

This is due to come out any time now and Chris Palmer, author of "Angle of Attack" has taken an interest in it as a candidate for a future production of his instructional DVD production.
The AXP Airbus 320 is being produced by the people at Realty XP and Dreamfleet so it will be the Airbus to own for sure.

Edit: Got rid of now obsolete link to original post since it has been deleted.

Last edited by Tailhook on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain

signmanbob wrote:

I now have the product activated, but the gauges are black!!!! Evil or Very Mad How do you fix that???? So with that, I moved to the CS 757 and the stock 737. Sucks that you can't get any support from these guys. But they won't have to worry about me, it has been moved to the secondary HDD.

Pro Member Trainee
signmanbob Trainee

I'm real glad that you posted that. It makes my point very clear.
That post was made on Wed May 16, 2007.

I forgot all about that post and now I have the opportunity to retract it and even better, delete it completely.

Now that's what I call a 360 turn. I guess since your first post (see below) you've gone into partnership with Ariane.

You need to study your geometry a little. It is a 180 degree turn, not a 360.
If that is what you meant then you are absolutely right. My opinion of Ariane Designs has turned 180 degrees since 2007.

First, be very clear, I don't work for Ariane Designs. I own a sign business and I don't know what I could even do working for Ariane Designs. Maybe make them a sign. 😀

Also, that's a little narrow minded and short sighted to think that if someone speaks good about a product, that means they work that company. I don't think so! I love my Ford, but I never worked for them.

The post that you quoted was one that I made two years ago when I first discovered Ariane designs and purchased their FS9 Boeing 737-600NG.

I was having problems with the sim...as you can see, big problems.
When I went to their website, I could find no support forum or any way of contacting them through a support ticket like most developers normally use.

All that I could find was a long list of FAQs that didn't seem to relate to my problem and just made me more frustrated.

I had just returned from checking out Avsim's extremely bias, so called "investigation" into Ariane, which someone had posted a link to, and was already angry because I took for granted that I was stuck without support on my purchase.

Then, like most, I did not read the manual where it clearly said that if you have any problem contact Ariane by email for support.

Well, I finally did contact them. More to tell them how disappointed I was because they didn't seem to want to give support for their products and how unfair I thought that was.

To my surprise, they sent back an email within a few hours. They said that they were perfectly willing to help with any problem but they were not going to put up with a sour attitude or insults.
They said that this is the first time I had contacted them and I did not even give them an opportunity to help me before judging them.

Well, they could thank the Avsim's ignorant "investigation" document for that. I came loaded with an abundance of attitude, but no good information.

Anyway, then they asked me to explain what problem I was having.
After over a week of emails back and forth trying different things, they narrowed the problem to several programs that were running in the background of my computer.
They sent me a link to a website that had a good program that helps to manage background programs.

After cleaning out most of those programs and using the little program to shut down other unneeded background programs before running FS9, my Ariane Boeing 737-600NG ran perfectly and I put many hours on it before buying the -800, then -900 and BBJ.
Later I also purchased the 737-900ERx1 for FSX.
Then I had to upgrade my computer because FSX was just running altogether too poorly.

In upgrading my computer, I had to re-activate every one of my Ariane produces.
Ariane worked with me to re-activate all of my Ariane products at no charge at all. This is contrary to some bogus claims that it is their policy to charge for re-activation.

All of them for FS9 were re-activated within one week.
I had problems getting the BBJ to work with the new computer and they immediately sent a patch to me that fixed the problem.

The next week, they re-activated my FSX product and I got it working again.

Ariane chooses to use email for their support so they can give one-on-one help for their products. Then after helping a customer, they put the solutions in their FAQs to make them available to others.

Later I purchased the new and awesome 737-900ERx2 and afterward, the -800 when it was released. All of these new FSX 737s have beautiful McPhat liveries available for them.

Ariane Boeings are a premium product that is not for everyone.
If you enjoy flying in a great virtual cockpit with TrackIR, then you will enjoy Ariane Boeings.

If you are one of these "old timers" that fly solely in 2D cockpit, Ariane Boeings are definately not for you.
They are equipped with a minimal of 2D pop-ups (more in FS9) and are designed to fly in VC with TrackIR.

If the display is set correctly as the manuals suggest, the outside models and cockpit will look excellent.

Since having many of their products and receiving such great support, Ariane has made a believer out of me.

Since then, I have found out that several other developers that didn't cater to Avsim, have received the blunt end of their wrath.

Avsim is a great organization and a big help to simmers, but they're not perfect. From what I can see, they have been a little abusive of the powers that has been given to them by the sim community at times.
As far as I'm concerned, Ariane Designs is certainly one of those times.

Bob

Pro Member Trainee
signmanbob Trainee

GundamWZero wrote:

I now have the product activated, but the gauges are black!!!! Evil or Very Mad How do you fix that???? So with that, I moved to the CS 757 and the stock 737. Sucks that you can't get any support from these guys. But they won't have to worry about me, it has been moved to the secondary HDD.

Make sure you check your manuals closely. Ariane has included some pretty good manuals with their products. 😉

You cannot start Ariane Boeings by Ctrl+E. You have to turn on the battery switch, start the APU, turn on the APU bleed, align the IRS, install your flightplan into the FMS ( or it can be uploaded from FS flightplans like a company plan), put in your departure runway information, put in your PERF info, shut off the PACK switches, flip the IGN switch to A or B, turn the start switch to GRND, wait for 20% N2 and open the fuel cut-off switch for that engine.
If your CRTs are black it is probably because the IRS is not aligned correctly.
If you get a flashing ALIGN warning when trying to align them, shut down the engines if they are running and align the IRS with the engines off. If the aircraft moves at all the IRS will not align.

CS757 is a good aircraft too. I like it a lot. I think Quality Wings will be making a real good 757 too.

I have never flown a default aircraft that is offered by MSFS in either version. They are not worth starting the program for. The only thing that I do with them is use them to pre-load before loading one of the pay-ware sims.

That is another thing that is important especially for FS9. Make sure before loading Ariane's 737 or even CS757 that you pre-load the default 737 then select the pay-ware aircraft after everything has loaded.

I also like the CS727 a lot. It is a lot of fun to fly steam guages sometimes and get away from the FMS.
I heard from someone that there is a really complex 727 being made at this time by someone (I don't know who). It is supposed to be even better than Captain Sim's. That will be really something.

Pro Member Captain

I have the 737 working now....in fact I bave been shaking it down before taking virtual flight with it. I am having a problem with programing the FMC so I can use the gps and autopilot. Is there a easier tutorial for that?

Pro Member Trainee
signmanbob Trainee

I have the 737 working now....in fact I bave been shaking it down before taking virtual flight with it. I am having a problem with programing the FMC so I can use the gps and autopilot. Is there a easier tutorial for that?

The manuals have a good tutorial in them, but if you want to use the GPS from FSX, that probably will not work.

I suggest that you get Cpt. Mike Ray's "700 Flying the BOEING 700 Series Flight Simulators". http://www.utem.com/

It is an excellent book that will get you comfortable flying any Boeing commercial aircraft sim.

With the Boeing 737, you have to properly program the FMS/CDU in order to make the autopilot work.
The autopilot will then follow an LNAV and VNAV path to your destination which you can monitor on the ND. Of course you can put in manual changes on the MCP to follow ATC instructions.

But the two best sources will be the tutorial in the Ariane manual and Cpt. Mike Ray's book (which you'll love, I guarantee it).

Bob

Pro Member Trainee
signmanbob Trainee

Llain wrote:

Hi i have recently bought the 737 900ER for FSX from www.arianedesign.com. I am a lttle disappionted in that it has been 4 days now since i got my dvd. you still have to activate the product online which is done manualy by ARIANE , you have to wait untill they send you an email back with the activation code. They say this can take upto 2 days it has been 4 days for me and still nothing. I sent them a email asking where is it.

Has anyone else bought this plane and flying it. Is it worth the high price.
£50 for the standard version and £70 for the PRO version. I know the
price will put alot of people off but i was looking for a good 737 for FSX
You can only activate it once so if you need to reinstall FSX you lost the 737 you bought, I thought the dvd version would have it's own product key like other addons i have bought.

Just to give a little info on this. I understand that Ariane will be changing their activation process to a new one which will be much more user friendly to their customers.
It should be in place, hopefully next month.
Llain, did they activate your product? If you are still having any problems send me a PM. Also make sure the activation is not getting thrown in you spam folder.

Bob

Pro Member Trainee
Puzant (pouzo) Trainee

I bought the 737 900 ER 4 month ago and i downloaded it and requested the freaking key they send it to me after 2 weeks i put it and it doest work so i emailed them back and they did not know hte problem and they told me you lost the key so you have to buy another Key;) after i spend 120 $ on freakin addon i just throw it in the garbage, i jsut went and dnowloaded a torrent which is working perfecctly.

Pro Member Trainee
signmanbob Trainee

There are a lot of holes in the pirated versions and also they could damage your computer. You couldn't get me to use that garbage in my computer for anything.

Pro Member Captain

signmanbob wrote:

There are a lot of holes in the pirated versions and also they could damage your computer. You couldn't get me to use that garbage in my computer for anything.

Hey let me tell you something......

That plane is freaking great!!!! 😀

Once you finally get it activated.... Evil or Very Mad

It took me a couple of days to learn how to program the FMC for A/P flights. McPhat Studios did a excellent job with the liveries....the need to make more though.

Pro Member Trainee
signmanbob Trainee

GundamWZero wrote:

signmanbob wrote:

Hey let me tell you something......

That plane is freaking great!!!! 😀

Once you finally get it activated.... Evil or Very Mad

It took me a couple of days to learn how to program the FMC for A/P flights. McPhat Studios did a excellent job with the liveries....the need to make more though.

I agree. The legitimate version is outstanding! I'm saying that pirated trash is what I wouldn't put in my computer. He will have all kinds of problems with it.

I was doing full autolands with flair and rollout last night with the Ariane X2 and it does the smoothest autolands of any plane I have. The autothrottle cuts off automatically at touch down too.

I love all of the Ariane X2 series. I have the -900 and -800 with all of the McPhat liveries and I will be getting the -700 as soon as it comes out.

I'm sitting here flying it right now. Great engine sounds too!

A lot of people have problems with it because you have to read the manuals in order to fly it. FMC works just like Bill Bulfer's 737 FMC book discribes.
It needs FIX, HOLD and Direct TO, but the biggest part of it is simulated very accurately.

Pro Member Captain

signmanbob wrote:

I agree. The legitimate version is outstanding! I'm saying that pirated trash is what I wouldn't put in my computer. He will have all kinds of problems with it.

I was doing full autolands with flair and rollout last night with the Ariane X2 and it does the smoothest autolands of any plane I have. The autothrottle cuts off automatically at touch down too.

I love all of the Ariane X2 series. I have the -900 and -800 with all of the McPhat liveries and I will be getting the -700 as soon as it comes out.

I'm sitting here flying it right now. Great engine sounds too!

A lot of people have problems with it because you have to read the manuals in order to fly it. FMC works just like Bill Bulfer's 737 FMC book discribes.
It needs FIX, HOLD and Direct TO, but the biggest part of it is simulated very accurately.

What??? YOU CAN AUTOLAND????? 😳

I managed to program a flight from Washington (KBFI) to Alaska (PAJN) but when I reached the final VOR (HOOD) the plane started heading north!!! How can you program it to line up on the approach like the stock GPS systems? I have figure out how to program the auto land....can't afford the books!!!!

Pro Member Trainee
signmanbob Trainee

You first, of course, go into the FMC and to the DEP/ARR page, click the button next to your arrival airport and select your arrival runway. If there is no STAR showing, you can build one from the chart, or just vector yourself to the initial approach point with HDG select on the MCP.
If you are using ATC, they will vector you.

Go to the LEGS page and remove any Discontinuities by selecting the next waypoint to the scratchpad and placing it over the discontinuity.
Look over the flight plan on the HSI and make sure there are no discontinuities and the flight plan makes sense.

Then push the INIT button and then the button next to INDEX, then select the Approach page. You will see three sets of Flap/Speed on the right that will select your landing reference speed and flaps. Copy the speed that is showing next to flaps 40 (example: 40/12😎 onto the scratchpad, then place it over the flaps 40 speed and it will become large, representing that it is "pilot" selected. That will be your "Ref" speed that the FMC has calculated and will show on your speed tape on the PFD with an "R" designation. It will be the speed that you should be going when you land.... Very important.

Make sure you select an ILS runway that is at least CATII capable (it will say on the approach plate) .
At about 30 miles away from your arrival airport, set the ILS frequency on BOTH NAV radios and the front course on both course selectors on the glare shield (it may work with just one course selector set, but I always set both).
Arm your spoilers, set your autobrakes to 2 (normal or 3 for shorter runways), set your IGN to continuous.
As you near the airport zoom in on the HSI (if you are not listening to ATC) and direct yourself to the IAP (initial approach point) using HDG select on the MCP. Make sure that you are at the proper altitude (check baro setting) and speed (flaps 15 speed).
When you start getting near to the IAP select VOR/LOC on the MCP. and approach the end of the dotted line extending from your runway, showing on the HSI from straight in to about 30 degrees.
Bring your speed down to where it allows you to be at Flaps 25.
With VOR/LOC on, you will capture the ILS and the aircraft will turn on its own to the runway heading.
When it does, turn on you landing lights and lower your gear, bring your flaps to 40 and lower your speed to "Ref" + 5 kns then push the APP button on the MCP.
When you capture the glide slope, the plane will start descending on its own at about 5-800 fpm. At or below 1500 ft, turn on the second CMD (auto pilot) button and continue on the glide slope.
At about 500 ft or below reduce your speed to "Ref" or Vref which is the "R" on the speed tape.
You should be showing the word "Flair" on the PFD annunciator. (if "Flair" is not showing, be ready to turn off the AP and land manually).

When the wheels touch the runway, the auto throttle will dis-engage on its own. If it doesn't then you flip the switch off and bring the throttles back full, then select Thrust Reversers (F2, several times, if you don't have a throttle quadrant and FSUIPC reg. version).
Guide the plane down the centerline and as it slows to 60kns, increase the throttles just a little to disengage the reversers, switch off the autobrakes and apply manual braking until you are slow enough to exit by one of the high speed exits.
Spoilers should lower on their own, bring flaps up full, turn off the landing lights and flip on the taxi lights and taxi to the terminal gate. Thank the passengers for flying with your airline. 😉

Pro Member Captain

signmanbob;

I do have a few issues still:

Why can't I see the airports (arpt), data, position (pos), waypoint (wpt) and other information on the MFD/PFD when I select it?

Some buttons looks like I can use, such as FLT ALT and Land ALT, but they don't work..... I also tried the music panel in the gallery but nothing happens....

Lastly, what is the panel in the radio console in the middle? is that where you can dial a selected runway for the lights to come on?

Thanks for any answers, but I am more concerned about the data for the MFD/PFD.....

Pro Member Trainee
signmanbob Trainee

Some of the things that you are asking, I don't understand why you are having trouble.
You might want to register on the Ariane Customer forum and ask there. There are folks there that may have run into this and can help.

Pro Member Captain

Never mind....I was trying to get the external APU on the ground and wound up activating everything with CTRL+E.....weird..... 😕 Apparently, I really need to read the manual!! 😛

Pro Member Trainee
signmanbob Trainee

Also two things you can try if you see strange things happening:

1) Make sure that you have the FS Master Battery switch on. Do this by checking in the Options / Controls/ Assignments to see which hot key, if any, is assigned to it, or load the default ultra-lite and turn on the Master Battery switch.
If this is not on your radios may not work. More complex sims don't have a way of turning this on.

2) Load the default ultra-lite first before loading the Ariane Boeing X2.
This makes it easier for FSX to get the things it needs loaded. Then you load the more complex sim when everything else is ready.

3) With the Ariane Boeing, definately read the manuals 😀

Pro Member Captain

Well, I printed out the manual....all 117 pages of it!! It's chock-full of info; some I learned along the way and some I didn't know at all!! And yes, I was skipping over a lot of necessary stuff... 😛

I can now sucessfully program and start a flight, but I will have to learn the autoland shortly; I found out that DISCOs can screw up flight plans....

I'll keep practicing though.... 😎

steele1 Guest

Ariane has terrible customer service. You order a downloadable product, they charge your card (a very high price I might add) and then it take forever to get the product.

Ariane needs to get up to speed with the times. If you post you have a downloadable product, then when someone buys it, they should be able to get it. Not wait 48 hours for it.

I had no desire to wait that long. Seems petty, but when I buy it, I want to fly with it. You buy from PMDG, you get it. Flight One, You get it. And you get it when you buy it.

I wrote to them and said I was calling my bank to cancel the order… I got a reply about canceling my order and calling my bank, much later, with a ridiculous statement attached…

Warning. Customers who decide to take matters into their own hands will regretfully be placed on a FORCED ILLEGAL REFUND database and their details will be shared with other sites, many of whom will bar them from all future purchases. In some cases, forced, illegal refunds can see offenders registered with agencies that will record their names and details with credit reference agencies and port authorities and this may affect their credit or their travel.

You mean to tell me when I cancel an order with Ariane, those arrogant people think they have the clout to possibly restrict my travel with port authority? The insanity of it is mind boggling. (I will attach the entire statement at the end of this post.)

When you do get an email from support, no one will sign their name. Pitiful. Poor customer service. There is no other argument around that.

Further, is Ariane actually provided a good purchase experience, they would not have to post such a blatantly threatening disclaimer.

When I did have the charges canceled… of which I NEVER received my download, Ariane threatened to contact my bank and have them “take action” against me. Really? You think Ariane can make that happen? It was laughable. I dared them to do it.

I have read so many posts about the customer service. Awful. I have nothing to say about the product. I never got it. Perhaps the product is crazy good, thats fine. I have no argument about the development and functionality. I am not informed enough to comment about it.

But when you see the following as a disclaimer on an email… do you really want to do business with them? Seriously. How big are their B***S to think that they can put you on a “list”. Research their so called list… look it up. Google it. Apparently it doesn’t exist or is so unsubstantial it doesn’t even warrant a hit.

Ariane. No thank you.

**Ariane Email Tag**

NO REFUND POLICY
For many years software houses like this one have been operating a ‘NO REFUND POLICY’ with regard to download software. Many online stores operate a similar policy which is there for the protection of our industry since without it, there would be no flight sim and no development.

All sales are final. We test all product/s to ensure that the product/s meet the specifications on our web pages and as per our terms there will absolutely be NO REFUNDS. We do not offer refunds on software that has been delivered to customers via download UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Customers are encouraged to read all specifications prior to purchasing a license for the applicable product. If a customer purchases a license to a release version of one of our products we do not offer a cash refund or an exchange. Unlike physical goods, electronically distributed software and software licenses can be easily duplicated.

Accordingly, it is our policy that once we have distributed a release version to a customer, the sale is final, and you may not return the software for a refund or credit.

Warning. Customers who decide to take matters into their own hands will regretfully be placed on a FORCED ILLEGAL REFUND database and their details will be shared with other sites, many of whom will bar them from all future purchases. In some cases, forced, illegal refunds can see offenders registered with agencies that will record their names and details with credit reference agencies and port authorities and this may affect their credit or their travel.

A NO REFUND POLICY stops piracy and is made very clear on our website terms and conditions that they all agree to it when they proceed to payment.

Your option and right is to see that the product is operating as it is designed and as it has been specified and if not, then we will support you without charge via email until it is.

Thank you for your understanding.

Pro Member Trainee
signmanbob Trainee

It sounds to me like you pre-maturely pulled the plug.
If you make a purchase of liveries from McPhat Studios, they tell you that you will NOT receive your download until they have the money in hand.
You canceled your order with the bank before they had a chance to collect the money, obviously, because you were still able to cancel the order with the bank.
This is similar to writing a check for a product, then cancelling the check as soon as you leave the store. The difference is, in the case of the check, you have the product in hand and that actually makes it theft and quite illegal.
With the purchase of a downloadable product, the vendor has every right to protect himself by holding off the download until the money clears the bank and is in the vendor's account.
Because some vendors, like Flight 1 and PMDG, don't do this, don't expect that every vendor will follow that policy. Most do and some don't.
Flight 1 is a publisher which sells a wide array of products, and they know that if someone screws them, that they will be cutting themselves off of a lot of flight sim products, not just one airplane sim. Also, Flight1 chooses to have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee, which most other vendors don't have.

CeeBreeze Guest

we'll mt theory of course is not perfect.I don't write as a man who has allot .But I don't write as one who hasn't.The reason I script today is for 1 only reason. Their is no................................Decent. 737 for FSX, made by any company..or lack thier offs..If any simmer name is to carry the Boeing name sake than they should obviously face similay problems and charges.
Of course by the L amen 1 would maybe state,wow.

But Truth be told.737's are pretty important. Ok their very important.

So which company stands out.Should we research it's not for me to say .I don't, Book that seat.But I would be interested in which engine is in the Aircraft.

Kidding we are still talking about simming Right.

Of Course that's just my Theory.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...