Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

well hey I dont see flytampa creating an airport anytime soon. I say that because I checked the forums a while ago and well nothing, now I could be wrong they could be thinking of something right now well see.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I see what your saying. What I am also saying is that there might not be another good Sydney airport coming out anytime soon. So in my opinion this is a good airport. Is it one of the best against other airport developers no but I am not sure well be seeing Sydney from anyone anytime soon. I could be wrong though.

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

I'm an Auzzie so It's a must have for me, downloading now...(fsx of course) 😛

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Like someone said I think in this forum or another forum. Flytampa came up with St.maarten last year in april. So who knows what will happen.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I used to live in Sydney, about 10 minutes away, and it looks pretty good to me 😉

Pro Member First Officer

I love being the live bait when it comes to trying out new stuff! Ninja
I was going to do some before and afters, but I forgot the 'befores' in my frenzy of atticipation...so here's the 'afters'.

The Arrow 2 also came as a bundle with it (the aeroplane on screen)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Looks pretty good - a couple of questions... I thought AI a/c weren't included in the scenery, is it your own AI?
There is a lot of sandy color around the runways, is it supposed to be like that?
...and is the city in the distance part of the scenery?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

emerald_flag wrote:

i like the default in fs2004 better

The default in FS2004 is pure rubbish, trust me. The AFCAD, no GA traffic, trust me it sucks. I once lived there so don't question me Whip

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Looks pretty good - a couple of questions... I thought AI a/c weren't included in the scenery, is it your own AI?
There is a lot of sandy color around the runways, is it supposed to be like that?
...and is the city in the distance part of the scenery?

1.Yeah default AI
2.They spray the grass with weedkiller to cut the cost of having a greenkeeper 😂 (actually the colour changes with the season)
3.Thats Sydney CBD,its default but they've changed some of it around, but i'm not sure which parts

Heres some of the changes:
· Realistic Terminal Textures
· Accurate Gates
· Custom Seasonal Grass Textures
· DDS Textures for optimal Performance
· Flashing Runway Warning Lights
· Accurate AFCAD, AI traffic goes to their real life position.
· Heliport Area
· GA area
· Carparks
· Surrounding buildings like Krispy Kreams and Hertz.
· Realistic ILS poles
· Accurate Night Lighting on both terminal buildings and runways
· Wider Sydney area scenery objects
· Moving Ramp Vehicles
· Shipping Area
· Blast Fences
· The Old control tower
· Accurate roads and bridges
· Ramp Vehicles Follow accurate paths
· Ramp Clutter
· Jet base Buildings
· Birds near Airport
· Singapore’s A380 Gate
· Dirt and Oil marks at the gates
· Gate Numbers
· **Bonus Texture Pack**

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

They better stick to making A/C and forget the scenery..

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks warlord, that's what I call a thorough... well, I'm lost for the appropriate term.
I must say I like the A-380 gate for SIA, it's a start, though I'd like to see more of those 380 gates say in Darwin, to break the distance, but that will probably never happen and thus be too unrealistic even for me. What is the direct flight duration Sing to Syd about 7 hours? After that, where do you go with a 380 from Syd... back to Sing? We shall see what happens.

BTW, you cannot sell the 'weedkiller' to me. 😁

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...