how do i spawn in a parking spot?

Pro Member Trainee
a7x Trainee

I wanted to play this pro airport where these guys were actually being serious and it said no spawning in the air or on runways.....and I got to thinking how in the world do you spawn in a parking spot?

or somewhere other than the air or runways ?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

when you are picking your airport there is a box down the bottom of the screen saying 'Runway/Starting Position and just pick what runway or what Gate you would like to start at.

Welcome to the Forum's. 🍻

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

you also choose this when you are doing free flight. You can choose where you want to be at etc like morris said. You can also choose the time of day I am not sure you know this but you choose the time and season etc. Let us know if you have anymore questions and welcome to the forums.

Pro Member Trainee
a7x Trainee

bawls327 wrote:

you also choose this when you are doing free flight. You can choose where you want to be at etc like morris said. You can also choose the time of day I am not sure you know this but you choose the time and season etc. Let us know if you have anymore questions and welcome to the forums.

thank you guys, i really appreciate it.....i just need to get a headset and a saitek x52 joystick to really enjoy my flight sim experiance!!

anywho....ima go and practice landing my f-16.....im still sketchy on the landing 😞

Pro Member Trainee
a7x Trainee

emerald_flag wrote:

fyi most online servers dont like military aircraft flying in them

yes i have discoverd this, i have been kicked out of alot of them....but i apologize and say im new....which i am 😞

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

I just hate seeing a learjet, and not being able to see what the actual aircraft looks like(without downloading every single aircraft available)

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Man I hate that to. Then you see your cessna or learjet goin 350 kias at like 3,000 feet.

Pro Member First Officer

Maybe they can fix this in the next FS(hopeful)

Pro Member First Officer

I've been thinking about this, if you were to wait a little longer on the 'join session'screen and have the server give a very 'basic' download, of other peoples aircraft, with the option to not do this of course...for those who don't like waiting.This should be possible I think,as long as it is basic,and cant share it, it shouldn't be a breach of copywrite.
By Basic I mean just the 'shell' of the aircraft.
This could be possible...couldn't it?

Pro Member First Officer

what difference should it make?you cant fly it , but at least you can see it!

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Wale is right here, go to the gallery and look what we have came from 98 - fsx. FS2004 - fsx is a huge change I mean the graphics the planes amazing!!! Who knows that they will put in the next simulator and who knows what kind of computer you will need to run it.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Great question! The process to spawn in a parking spot rather than in mid-air or on runways isn't immediately obvious but it's actually quite straightforward. I'll walk you through the steps for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX), but you'll find the method similar in more recent platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12.

Step 1: Launch FSX and select 'Free Flight' from the left-hand menu. This takes you to a page where you can choose your aircraft, location, weather, and time.

Step 2: Click on the 'Change' button next to 'Current Location' (generally located in the lower half of the screen). This will open up the 'Select Airport' dialog box.

Step 3: Here, you can type in the ICAO airport code (international 4-letter airport code) in the 'Airport ID' box or you can search by city or airport name. After you have selected your desired airport, press 'OK'.

Step 4: Back on the 'Free Flight' page, you'll see a checkbox next to 'Runway/Starting Position'. Uncheck this box. Now you can select a starting position from the drop-down menu. Here you'll find the list of available parking spots and gates.

Step 5: Choose a parking spot or gate and hit 'OK'. Voila! You are now all set to spawn in the chosen parking spot when you launch the simulation.

Now you can experience the full airport environment - taxiing from the parking spot, interacting with the ground crew, and feeling the immersion of a professional simulator. This method should allow you to adhere to the "no spawning in the air or on runways" rule.

Remember, similar steps can be applied in newer platforms such as MSFS 2020 or X-Plane 12, but the interface might look slightly different. Always consult the relevant manual for your particular simulation platform.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

Safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...